Audio Guitar Discussion Thread

Re: Guitar Discussion Thread 2008

Good news for Chennai folks. :)
came across this shop which opened very recently

Deborah Musicals

Showroom:
Old #333, New #118, Shop #8 & 9, 1st floor, Salma S.V.P Arcade, Arcot Road, Kodambakkam

4213-3393
deborahmusicals@airtelmail.in

Deborah Musicals

These guys are exclusive dealers for the following->
Yamaha
Roland
Basix(Drums)
Pluto
Fender
D'addario
Ibanez
Gator
Rico
Tama
Hohner
EMG \m/

and

Sennheiser :eek:hyeah:

went there yesterday to pickup D'addario EXL120 @ 184bux !!!!
In other places its aroudn 275...:p
so..
leeeeeeeeech :hap2:

i am from trivandrum (south) and planning to buy a acoustic guitar...

found normal acoustic in a site and other one with pick up tuner,equiliser and lcd digital display...

which is the best choice

normal one or pick up??

Play both and decide, there's a never a straight answer to this sort of a question. A pickup in an acoustic guitar is not particularly useful at the low end of the price range as the guitar is usually not good enough for quality studio recordings, and not useful live because of feedback issues in medium and large venues, where one prefers speciality acoustic-electrics like Ovations or the Yamaha silent guitars.

Pluto & Cort are not bad at all.But try to get your hands on a Granada jumbo.It has a very good tone.Yamaha is okay-ish but there isn't much of a variety you can choose from.What cranky said is true.Unless you're into recordings or got an amp to connect to, those pickups aren't any good.They aren't pro-quality either.Inbuilt tuner can be helpful outdoors but you get guitar tuning softwares online free of cost.So go for a normal one unless you're getting one with pickup/tuner at the same cost & the guitar tone is equally good.

the local shop guys says that the guitar will come after 1 month...I am tired ...somebody please tell me a online site to buy ---> pluto jumbo cutaway acoustic guitar (w/o pickup or equiliser) please help me asap :(

whatever you buy, play it first and then decide. all guitars are different even if they are the same brand and model. check the action and the intonation. play each string on every fret and see if it sounds ok. see if you like how the guitar sounds overall and if you are comfortable with the fretboard and neck.

i placed an order in bajaao site one months back...now they have new stock of pluto guitar...and i send them amount on 22/12/09

i made so many calls after transffering the amount ,they told me that they have already sent the guitar...and will email me tracking number...still I didnt get any emails or tracking number

how long i have to wait

anyone with same experience? is bajaao a good site ?

I had a delay with my rig delivery. Speak with Ashutosh - he's a very friendly chap. The holidays might have delayed stuff as well. You have to be a little more patient I guess..

Back