Video H265/HEVC Android Box

SHIELD is the undisputed King of the hill when it comes to Android TV boxes but if it's being used mostly for video then the additional features of the SHIELD are too rich for my blood.Just my 2 cents.:p

True. Am looking to see if I can get a HDHomeRun to work with cable connection, if yes then I will move from D2H to Hathway. Plex DVR FTW - I have a Plex Pass.

Firstly sorry for digging into old thread.

I am planning to get one new android TV box under 5000 INR

Have seen
Beelink GT1 Ultimate TV Box 3G 32G Amlogic S912 Octa Core CPU DDR4 2.4G+5.8G Dual WiFi Android 7.1 around USD 75.

Is it worth getting now or is there anything better than this in similar price?
please suggest.

Have seen
Beelink GT1 Ultimate TV Box 3G 32G Amlogic S912 Octa Core CPU DDR4 2.4G+5.8G Dual WiFi Android 7.1 around USD 75.

please suggest.
Factor in import duties too, sometimes you get lucky. I had to pay 41% duty on h96 pro purchased from bangood

Last edited:
When was that time?? I was lucky around DEC 2016 when I got Colorfly C3 around 50 USD from Aliexpress.

If I am not mistaken as per following notification rate of duty is reduced as there will be no penalty.
http://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT16/NotificationNo. 22(E).pdf

Need to check the GST impact though...

Buy from GearBest and choose 'Priority Line' Shipment and it is 100% chance that you don't need to pay anything other than what you pay during check out.

Have seen

please suggest.
I think this is a better option than GT1.
As far as I remember, the processor runs cooler. And this is cheaper than GT1 (60$ currently)

Beelink GS1
https://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_1013038.html?wid=21

I feel the best option is mi TV box as it can play DRM content and will have better support from xiaomi.

Only con is that it was released a year back

When was that time?? I was lucky around DEC 2016 when I got Colorfly C3 around 50 USD from Aliexpress.

If I am not mistaken as per following notification rate of duty is reduced as there will be no penalty.
http://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT16/NotificationNo. 22(E).pdf

Need to check the GST impact though...
The document given in link refers to the max amount that people are allowed to carry with themselves (and not pay customs duty) when they enter India.

Have seen

please suggest.

I also got it from Gearbest. Has been working like a charm for me. No harm in getting it.

I also got it from Gearbest. Has been working like a charm for me. No harm in getting it.
What were the customs duty charges?[DOUBLEPOST=1526877323][/DOUBLEPOST]I was expecting Mi box in India soon after MI Tv but disappointed...

Need to know any other better Android Boxes with latest specs in similar price or cheaper? 3GB & 32 GB must with latest Android OS.

Last edited:
Banggood or GearBest is the safe place to buy Andriod TV Box without any hit by Custom Duty charges - Just select shipping option 'Priority Line' for Gearbest and 'India Direct Mail' for Banggood and you can avoid customs - 100% tried and tested method.

BUT - If the Warehouse is only HK then above mentioned shipping method is not applicable and thus lead to 100% chance to get hit by customs duty...unless you are the lucky one

Now for the Mi Box - Always stocked in HK (or other European warehouses for GB) - So buying that mean obvious hit by customs charges, the exception only depends on your lady luck.

If requirements all about online streaming service with FHD or higher quality then only Mi TV Box is the way to go, If this not priority then it is advisable to go with those newly launched Andriod TV OS based box which offers powerful hardware as well Netflix HD streaming out of the Box ....In this segment already Amlogic S912 / S905 out there.

Else if the requirements just to watch offline stuff any Andriod Box with good GPU (above Mali - 450) will do.

Edit :- Some RK3328 + Mali-450 with Andriod 8.1 also recently launched - May turn out interesting.

Last edited:
Banggood or GearBest is the safe place to buy Andriod TV Box without any hit by Custom Duty charges - Just select shipping option 'Priority Line' for Gearbest and 'India Direct Mail' for Banggood and you can avoid customs - 100% tried and tested method.

BUT - If the Warehouse is only HK then above mentioned shipping method is not applicable and thus lead to 100% chance to get hit by customs duty...unless you are the lucky one

Now for the Mi Box - Always stocked in HK (or other European warehouses for GB) - So buying that mean obvious hit by customs charges, the exception only depends on your lady luck.

If requirements all about online streaming service with FHD or higher quality then only Mi TV Box is the way to go, If this not priority then it is advisable to go with those newly launched Andriod TV OS based box which offers powerful hardware as well Netflix HD streaming out of the Box ....In this segment already Amlogic S912 / S905 out there.

Else if the requirements just to watch offline stuff any Andriod Box with good GPU (above Mali - 450) will do.

Edit :- Some RK3328 + Mali-450 with Andriod 8.1 also recently launched - May turn out interesting.

Thanks for your valuable inputs. If I can save few dollars that will be gr8.

My main purpose is for offline FHD videos especially Hevc H265 and free streaming services like YouTube & Sound-cloud.
Just for future proofing I am looking for 3GB RAM/32GB storage version & need to know if 2gb ram will suffice for smooth streaming of FHD videos from network connected HDD.

Back