Hack to use microSD and SIM simultaneously in hybrid slot

ok hang on, you're saying the feviquick has gone on the sd card contacts? just clean it off with alcohol and scraping with a plastic tool.

I don't think cyanoacrylate will stick very well to gold plated contacts. It should come off quite easily if that's the problem. If you can get a continuity meter just probe different parts of the same contact pin to see if there is impedance.[DOUBLEPOST=1476791882][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sorry, broke the card in anger.

Naaaaaiiicccceeeeeee !!

I came very close to that point.

In fact i'm about to break my damn redmi 3sP. Friggin xiaomi BL unlock method. I'm pretty sure I wont be recommending mi phones to anyone from now on.

So the unlock tool works easier if it's a dev rom? I'm downloading one now just to try. Friggin 1.4gb for nothing...

Not purchasing hybrid slot phones is gonna be tough since everyone seems to be doing it these days...

So the unlock tool works easier if it's a dev rom? I'm downloading one now just to try. Friggin 1.4gb for nothing...

Not purchasing hybrid slot phones is gonna be tough since everyone seems to be doing it these days...
Yes, it needs developer rom, and hybrid sim slot ok but storage should be 64 gb or more, 32gb is not enough. Actually never thought of using jio while purchasing this 32gb version.

I already had 2 sims before Jio and that's why when my bro bought the 3sP, even though I thought it was fantastic h/w, I didn't go for it and stuck to my 2P just because of the hybrid slot.

I think the new mi5s has 64/128gb options[DOUBLEPOST=1476814404][/DOUBLEPOST]Nope, even the dev rom didn't help. The mi servers are just not in sync with the devices i think. Ridiculous how long we have to wait for something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get a replacement sim without surrendering the former ?

You go to the store and pretend you need either a nano sim or a '4g' sim. They'll give you a new 3-in-1 sim and you have to sms SIMEX followed by the new sim number to a Vodafone number, 50133 or something like that. The old sim will be deactivated and the new one active in an hour or so.

Were there any ultras ie red and silver ? the lower end or plain black ones are less reliable.

One 32gb was bought from India, rest from amazon.com. All were ultra. 2x32gb and 1x64gb failed. Had enuff...

Update : phone had a bad fall recently (4 ft) and it wasn't detecting the micro sd card. Both sims were working though.
Opened the sim tray... Came out smooth and no anamolies noted. Cleaned contacts... Pressed on sides of mod sim sd and reinserted. Everthing fine now.

Btw guys, dont go breaking phones and memory cards..

There are two things i think that could change after this mod. One is the sim slot contacts are being pushed way back into the board and they may be slightly loose if used on a normal (thickness) sim now. This could possibly be remedied by bending them outwards slightly. How is another matter :D. 2nd is the micro sd slot contacts may not be getting enough contact because the tray will now be at the opposite extreme of its play.

Still without a Mod, plan to take professional help after spoiling the MicroSD but sadly no one in my city knows anything about it and even after showing the videos the mobile shop people are not ready to try. Gaffar Market (delhi) is 300Kms away.

Back