Mac OS Hackintosh or VMware version for Mac OS Catalina ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Adept
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
As the title says, what’s the best approach ?

Currently have my laptop on Catalina 15.2 but I need to give it for use to someone else. On my desktop I have windows 10. So should I do dual boot or a VMware version ?

What I will be using the Mac is basically for mobile app developments so what should I do ?

2070 super won’t cut for the hackintosh. If it’s worth I can go for RX 580 / RX 480 second hand or even RX 570.

Have a gtx 760 in other build but again is it worth this build ?

SMPS is Corsair RM 750.

Specifying this thread here as most of the part is software related. If it’s not the please let me know.

Party Monger

Veteran
Jul 15, 2007
Hackintosh. Any virtual machine over head is much higher than native.
What CPU/mobo combo do you use?
Yes you will need an amd card for Catalina.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Adept
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
Hackintosh. Any virtual machine over head is much higher than native.
What CPU/mobo combo do you use?
Yes you will need an amd card for Catalina.
For combo I have and 3900x and msi tomahawk max b450.

My friend is planning to get a 2070 super and he has a rx 480 so I was planning to get that one from him for me. What do you thing about power supply ? Is corsair rm 750 enough for both the cards ?

Party Monger

Veteran
Jul 15, 2007
For combo I have and 3900x and msi tomahawk max b450.

My friend is planning to get a 2070 super and he has a rx 480 so I was planning to get that one from him for me. What do you thing about power supply ? Is corsair rm 750 enough for both the cards ?
You will first need to check compatibility on https://amd-osx.com
Else you will waste days on it without result.

I would suggest using a single GPU thats compatible. Hackintoshes are easily destablized with random stuff that takes ages to figure out.

As for powersupply, you will need to add up the peak powerconsumption of all devices, add a +30% head room and then select it.