Mac OS Hackintosh or VMware version for Mac OS Catalina ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
As the title says, what’s the best approach ?

Currently have my laptop on Catalina 15.2 but I need to give it for use to someone else. On my desktop I have windows 10. So should I do dual boot or a VMware version ?

What I will be using the Mac is basically for mobile app developments so what should I do ?

2070 super won’t cut for the hackintosh. If it’s worth I can go for RX 580 / RX 480 second hand or even RX 570.

Have a gtx 760 in other build but again is it worth this build ?

SMPS is Corsair RM 750.

Specifying this thread here as most of the part is software related. If it’s not the please let me know.

Hackintosh. Any virtual machine over head is much higher than native.
What CPU/mobo combo do you use?
Yes you will need an amd card for Catalina.

Hackintosh. Any virtual machine over head is much higher than native.
What CPU/mobo combo do you use?
Yes you will need an amd card for Catalina.
For combo I have and 3900x and msi tomahawk max b450.

My friend is planning to get a 2070 super and he has a rx 480 so I was planning to get that one from him for me. What do you thing about power supply ? Is corsair rm 750 enough for both the cards ?

For combo I have and 3900x and msi tomahawk max b450.

My friend is planning to get a 2070 super and he has a rx 480 so I was planning to get that one from him for me. What do you thing about power supply ? Is corsair rm 750 enough for both the cards ?
You will first need to check compatibility on https://amd-osx.com
Else you will waste days on it without result.

I would suggest using a single GPU thats compatible. Hackintoshes are easily destablized with random stuff that takes ages to figure out.

As for powersupply, you will need to add up the peak powerconsumption of all devices, add a +30% head room and then select it.

@princeoo7 so did you take rx 480 ? what happend with your build ?
I am planing to build dual gpu for my rig
currently i have Ryzen 2700x + RTX 3080 FE for windows 10
and planing to buy RX 480/570/580 for macos (will add it to next pcie slot).
with opencore i can able to disable RTX 3080 for macos and amd gpu for windows 10.

@princeoo7 so did you take rx 480 ? what happend with your build ?
I am planing to build dual gpu for my rig
currently i have Ryzen 2700x + RTX 3080 FE for windows 10
and planing to buy RX 480/570/580 for macos (will add it to next pcie slot).
with opencore i can able to disable RTX 3080 for macos and amd gpu for windows 10.
Currently using windows 10. waiting for 3080Ti or 3080 or a proper price for RX 6800 XT. for dual I tried getting a RX 580 but the seller wanted to sell it for 12k, so the plan was dropped. recently a friend bought 3060ti and retired rx 480, he is saying will keep it as momento so that plan also drop. I personally have a hp laptop with hackintosh so using it when needed :angelic:

One thing is that on AMD you will not be able run virtualization in macOS. So if planning to use the hackintosh for iOS development then I would suggest to go intel. Ultimately if you can use VM then that's the best option IMO with AMD.

One thing is that on AMD you will not be able run virtualization in macOS. So if planning to use the hackintosh for iOS development then I would suggest to go intel. Ultimately if you can use VM then that's the best option IMO with AMD.
well we can use MacOS on vmware on windows.

Back