Mac OS hackintoshing a asus x52f lappy with intel p6200

deep16

Adept
got a new laptop and very much eager to make a hackintosh out of it ... i am complete and total noob in it. so a guide with details flowchart would help me :hap2:

lapy specs :

intel pentium p6200 2.13 ghz 64 bit suport

4 gb ddr3 ram

hm 55 chipset

corsair ssd force

intel hd graphics

Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

yeah this is the most successful method for desktop PCs . Dont know much about laptops / Your laptop has AHCI mode right ? If the BIOS settings are through then it will work with the help of few other kext files.

@Deep Please report back if you are successful; I am planning to do the same for my Asus X52f.

Guys; also can we configure this into dual boot with windows 7 and mac OsX

vercetti said:
I wanted to install Win7 first and then install Mac OSX. Is there any way to do this?

YES.

-First take back up of entire HDD

-Using Mac OS X Dvd format your entire HDD to GUID table. [ Earlier it will be MBR ]

-Create NTFS partition.

-Install Windows

-You can install Mac later anytime you want.

full guide - http://xpsforums.com/Thread-Dell-XPS-Snow-Leopard-Installation-Guide

[above guide is targeted for Dell XPS, but should work on any lappie & it is based on iBoot + Multibeast method]

OK...i GOT MY X52F today:) Mocha Brown FTW!!!

The first issue I faced is; I cannot enable direct booting through USB:(...There are only 2 options for booting i.e. HDD and DVD rom.

Though there are options to add device but not sure how its done.

Also, anyways to format the drive to GUID table without the MAC OSX dvd?

Mine is kinda on its way and I wanna start with the WIn7 installation now. But if I do without creating the GUID table; i will have to format the entire HDD again so wondering

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

EDIT: Found the option; it detects the USB in Bios...I just need to select the boot priority within the USB and internal HDD:)

vercetti said:
Also, anyways to format the drive to GUID table without the MAC OSX dvd?

Afaik NO.

vercetti said:
Mine is kinda on its way and I wanna start with the WIn7 installation now. But if I do without creating the GUID table; i will have to format the entire HDD again so wondering

YUP. so better wait till you get Mac DVD :)

And about dual boot . It doesnt matter on which HDD you have you windows ... you have the option to boot from any partition [Chameleon bootloader] .So while start up select the "System Reserve" Drive of windows 7 and you will boot into windows 7 . I ran my MAC OSX and windows 7 on different physical HDD and dual booted without a problem.

Ok...I faced an issue in the morning Though:(:(:(

Did the below:

Booted with iBoot

Loaded the MAC OSX ->> Partitioned my HDD to 3 partitions (1 apple extended whatever, 2 FAR)

Then I booted out and tried installing Win7.

Issue:

While selecting the drive; it shwed me three options but gave an error after formatting the drive to NTFS. 'Saying windows is unable to proceed the installation on this drive; please check Bios and some other nonsense'

Any ides how to resolve this?

BTW: I am trying to Install MAC OSX now; once successful I wll install Win 7

haraakiri said:
afaik only 64 bit version of windows can be installed on a guid drive and only in efi environment. please correct me if i am wrong.

True. But iBoot CD already emulates (fakes) EFI so only you need a x64 version of Win7.

Remember to use the 10.6.8 OSX Update helper as if you wont it might render the MAC OSX useless . And then update to 10.7 using XMove :D I liked 10.7 a lot more than 10.6.8

was downloading the update... Got DC once and now IDM will not remuse...FTW and F**K IDM. Need to do the 800MB (80%) download again:(

BTW: Install of both MAC OS and WIN7 Complete
[attachment=9328:15985.attach]

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 353
Report here what works & what not. I may help in providing kexts (OSX Drivers) for some of the devices if they're supported.

deathgoddg said:
Remember to use the 10.6.8 OSX Update helper as if you wont it might render the MAC OSX useless . And then update to 10.7 using XMove :D I liked 10.7 a lot more than 10.6.8

On my system, 10.6.8 messed up even if I use Update Helper. So I updated to 10.6.7 & installed Lion. Lion needs 10.6.6 or later.

pauldmps said:
Report here what works & what not. I may help in providing kexts (OSX Drivers) for some of the devices if they're supported.

On my system, 10.6.8 messed up even if I use Update Helper. So I updated to 10.6.7 & installed Lion. Lion needs 10.6.6 or later.
Well for me the update helper worked fine...didn't know it works on 10.6.6+

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

Back