Half Life 2 Expansion Pack now official !

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Valve rep confirms that Gordon Freeman and cohorts are coming back in Half-Life 2: Aftermath.

PC Gamers rejoice--Half-Life 2 is getting its first expansion. Valve Software has confirmed that Half-Life 2: Aftermath is in the works, and will make an official announcement with details on the game in the coming weeks.
According to an article on Eurogamer.net, Valve employees Robin Harper and Marc Laidlaw spoke with PC Gamer UK about the forthcoming Aftermath.

Apparently, Valve is working on the expansion rather than doling out the development to another studio, like it did with Half-Life expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Force, both developed by Gearbox Software.

"Right now, we're really, really good at making Half-Life 2," Harper admits.

The specifics of the game are still very unclear. It is known that hero Gordon Freeman's sultry sidekick, Alyx, will play a large part in the add-on, but in what context is anyone's guess. Whether she will be a playable character, as previously rumored, is unknown.

The expansion will take place immediately after the conclusion of Half-Life 2 and will see Freeman and Alyx fleeing from City 17 and its impending destruction. "You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game," says Laidlaw.

Valve failed to mention any release dates or game-specific information in the interview.

Source

"Right now, we're really, really good at making Half-Life 2," Harper admits.

Sure they are,i fell in love with hl2 & hl2 death match,& i am sure they gonna bring something good if not better,lets wait & see...

Nice post mate!

Thank god they did not outsource the job. Otherwise the same trend would have followed......
Half-Life: Superb
Opposing FOrce: Good
Blueshift: Fair

@Quickfire Man first things first... Take some time off from the Mod duty of TE and PLAY THE DAMM GAME...
Now back to topic... Read it yesterday on Gamespot... Was thrilled... Well lets hope it comes out soon and definately would be fun playing with Alex and her side kick DOG...

Also anybody... Is there any expansion pack coming out for FARCRY...

Hmm, If its only thru steam then I will have to howl arnd for a while :(
anyway, the last time I heard CryTek has tied up with ATi to make a sequel or something, there were some screenies out too and it looked Awesome(Of course! :p)

The only problem for me is that this'll most probably be distributed through Steam and not published to retail at all :mad:. I hates STEAM!

heh, no problems here.
I dont like steam concept at all but i am having fewer problems compared to others. For me its working nicely since i got my broadband a while ago.
What i hate is valve screwing up the updates and breaking the game. LAst update removed some texture files.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
But I think Rs.1500 i paid for HL2 is paisa vasul not due to HL2 but CSS and deathmatch.....

By the way regarding original HL.
I still think HL1 was ok at the best and CS made it a legend.

Ho0ligaN said:
Hmm, If its only thru steam then I will have to howl arnd for a while :(
anyway, the last time I heard CryTek has tied up with ATi to make a sequel or something, there were some screenies out too and it looked Awesome(Of course! :p)

Lol ! Hooli that was a machnima created by crytek with Ati to show off the x800xt pe's prowess and chaos had posted the screenshots. :p Crytek has signed up a deal with to create sumthng new rather than a sequel to farcry :(

Man, CryTek's already inked an 'exclusive' deal with EA (the devil, if you ask me) so, no more Ubi, no Far Cry 2 or expansion just the console version, Far Cry Instincts.

CSS lol, that is nothing but CS re-hashed, HL2 is awesome stil have just played a lil. Somehow am hooked on to the cheap Doom 3 thrills, and the evergreen Ut2k4 ONS, ONS btw is just simply mind blowing am having maximum fun playing it.

BTW guys if anyone has ONS Aridoom map just post the FPS here, its struggling on my 9800 pro....

Hey Aces, some ONS custom maps are badly optimized, so I dont think you shud worry abt it too much. Do you have Panalesh? I heard its a very good ons map!

Back