Happy birthday to me! Da diesel arrives.

I always loved the beat from the start(The day of its release)
Though I wanted the Beat More, its Price didnt justify!
Last Sept,I was almost fixed on beat. But we are 4+ Driver and the car had very little rear legroom. So Scrapped the idea and bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Its is fine now and then, But I keep missing the Beat..
If I am ever gonna buy a Car, I would give the first choice to Beat.
Soon, in 1-2 years I may buy a car, then its definitely gonna be the Chevy Beat!!

I know, too much Shit I wrote. But, felt like typing! :)

Heartly Congratulations dude..!! Enjoy your ride!

I always loved the beat from the start(The day of its release)
Though I wanted the Beat More, its Price didnt justify!
Last Sept,I was almost fixed on beat. But we are 4+ Driver and the car had very little rear legroom. So Scrapped the idea and bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Its is fine now and then, But I keep missing the Beat..
If I am ever gonna buy a Car, I would give the first choice to Beat.
Soon, in 1-2 years I may buy a car, then its definitely gonna be the Chevy Beat!!

I know, too much Shit I wrote. But, felt like typing! :)

Heartly Congratulations dude..!! Enjoy your ride!

yeah buddy,even i personally found the prices of all cars to be high this time.i had partially thought about a preworshipped car but it just didn't feel right to be honest.
if you have a requirement where the rear seats will be occupied by 3 people most of the time then i think you made the right decision by going for the fiesta.
just in terms of curiosity,i asked the salesguy about the average age of the people buying the beat,and he replied by saying anything between 22-25 and i think this is the optimum age given the funky looks.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

excellent purchase, I also got beat diesel in march, I got the LT version.

saw your thread doc! i also wish you and your family a lot of happy miles.that is some bargain you got for yourself.

a couple of pics -
a very impressive side profile,the green looks even funkier.
20120623142548.jpg

with legendary company! first time buyers graduating from a used m800 should note that the beat has a uber high dash and a very low sitting position.
20120623142618.jpg

rear is not at all claustrophobic.its just a different design than most found in other hatchbacks.

20120623142749.jpg

the odo has hit the 300 mark in 2 days! its a pity that i aint getting time to get the ice work done.hopefully i will do it on wednesday.

Congrats on the Beat man. Always liked the car, especially since i saw one which had the jeans vinyl adorned on it.

A question for all carowners out there,especially people who have bought used cars. I am looking to get a car in 1 year time.Budget is between 5-7l.
Now the thing is i can't make up my mind whether to buy a used car or a new one. My father had bought a Fiat Palio in 2002 and the way we keep vehicles in our house, they look the same even after all these years and are sent for service very regularly.
I am getting good offers on the Honda Accord( 2nd gen). It was always my dream car growing up and a good condition 5-6 years old 60-70k on the odo will easily fall within my budget. If it was any other car i would have chosen a new car,but this is one car i wouldn't mind getting for cheap even if it was rusting. So can someone tell me of trusted agencies in North India(NCR, Chandigarh,Punjab region) which deal in selling certified second hand cars.
The best way i know is to take a trusted mechanic and let him examine the car if going for a direct deal. Direct deal would result in a cheaper price,but if anyone could tell me the benefits of these reselling certified car agencies, i am all ears.

Congrats on the Beat man. Always liked the car, especially since i saw one which had the jeans vinyl adorned on it.

A question for all carowners out there,especially people who have bought used cars. I am looking to get a car in 1 year time.Budget is between 5-7l.
Now the thing is i can't make up my mind whether to buy a used car or a new one. My father had bought a Fiat Palio in 2002 and the way we keep vehicles in our house, they look the same even after all these years and are sent for service very regularly.
I am getting good offers on the Honda Accord( 2nd gen). It was always my dream car growing up and a good condition 5-6 years old 60-70k on the odo will easily fall within my budget. If it was any other car i would have chosen a new car,but this is one car i wouldn't mind getting for cheap even if it was rusting. So can someone tell me of trusted agencies in North India(NCR, Chandigarh,Punjab region) which deal in selling certified second hand cars.
The best way i know is to take a trusted mechanic and let him examine the car if going for a direct deal. Direct deal would result in a cheaper price,but if anyone could tell me the benefits of these reselling certified car agencies, i am all ears.

i was replying to you two days ago from my note,but alas the tapatalk app crashed.
anyways my suggestion to you would be to decide as per your usage.A 1 k and above usage makes no sense with an accord as the maintenance charge and fuel costs will be off the charts!
many people i know personally have fallen prey to this.a good friend on mine took a preworshipped octavia for a steal of a price,but the maintenance and fuelcosts in 1 year equalled to the cost of the octavia itself and he regretted using it as their only car.now this part is important,do you use your palio as your main car? and even after spending 6 lakhs on a used car ,chances are that you may have to use it as your main car as the accord will be very heavy on your pocket for a high usage.
if your usage is south of the 1 k mark then it makes sense.But still you will have to take a lot of decisions.will your father drive this car? are you just going to do short trips? is it going to be chauffeur driven?
Make a list of all your needs and each and every need should be fufilled.Remember that you are spending 6 odd lakhs and potentially twice or thrice that amount in the next few years,the last thing you want is not be satisfied after spending such a hefty sum.

Gratz man! Must say I am quite jealous of you right now as my old corolla is chugging gas like there is no tomorrow. Might invest in a new car soon!

Gratz man! Must say I am quite jealous of you right now as my old corolla is chugging gas like there is no tomorrow. Might invest in a new car soon!

I would say going diesel was worth it man.i am getting around 18 in the city with the beat.completed around 500 kms so far

Just installed my ice yesterday.have skipped the sub and amp for now because of lack of cash.setup had to be changed due to lack of availability.
Jvc kw r700 bt - 13,000
Jl audio tr 400 cxi - 4,800
Jbl gto 949 - 4,500
parcel tray - 650

Will post the pics soon

Congrats mate!And happy birthday!
I am still looking for a diesel hatch.Did you consider the Renault Pulse?

nope, but micra diesel is owned by a friend on mine and he only has had good things to say about it.
i would personally recommend you to check the liva diesel.

Sorry to bump my old thread. But just to update you guys, this has been sold and a newer (actually old) stead has replaced this one.

Anyone who still has doubts about the Beat, just go for it. Most people would be surprised, but I think Chevrolet's service especially in Mumbai is very lowly rated.

To be honest, whenever I see someone talk about Beat, only your car flashes in front of me. :)

And regarding the beat, My only concern was the cramped space.. Rest the car is really nice.

With options like Kwid and a full safe new Figo, there is a lot of competition in this price segment now.

Back