Has Reliance NetConenct Broadband + moved to Actual 3G speeds ??

sgx100

Adept
Hi,

I was downloading a file today in the morning off fileserve.
To my surprise IDM was downloading it at 300-350 kbps.

This is the 1st time I hv seen it download at such high speeds.
Earlier the speeds used to be like around 100-120 kbps.

I hv just relocated to Bangalore; I did not see such speeds in Delhi.

Also this is what speedtest says :

So what say ??

comp@ddict said:
the speeds are still at 10kbps in delhi
Uh-oh ! I was thinking of getting a Reliance NetConnect+ or a Tata Photon+ as I travel a lot via train from and to Delhi. Now this is making me re-consider my decision. :|

The Netconnect Broadband + is an EVDO based service and from beginning it used to support speeds upto 3 Mbps but actually getting that speed is a different issue. ;)

When Tata Photon+ was launched in Chennai initially, I used to get about 2 Mbps easily but as the user base increased speeds continued to drop. :( Also the EVDO speeds are greatly affected by your distance from the tower.

When Netconnect broadband launched the speed was good but with in 6 months the speed decreased to high speed internet. What a shame?

and reliance is still selling it as a broadband WTF

I use Reliance Netconnect on a daily basis.. As long as i'm close to civilisation << yes i do mean that.. i do get away from that everyday :p >> i get speeds of atleast 1.8mbps . On the other hand Tata sucked balls...

dhruvrock2000 said:
I use Reliance Netconnect on a daily basis.. As long as i'm close to civilisation << yes i do mean that.. i do get away from that everyday :p >> i get speeds of atleast 1.8mbps . On the other hand Tata sucked balls...
Ha Ha ha ...Dhruv... Civilization sounded great...Good to hear from you :)
I have relocated to a suburb of bangalore...so was a bit concerned about Reliance speeds..
In Bangalore speeds are amazing...
Todays Test on SpeedTest :

On the contrary speeds in Delhi is slow as compared to the local speeds here .. Thats really surprising

sgx100 said:
Dude 10 or 100 kbps LOL :D
10kbps

i've got sick of netconnect+

me 10 year old MTNL dial-up 56.6kbps gave me fast 7KBps download speed.. This one gives my 9KB/s max.

It's pathetic. I try to connect under "HSD" mode and all the signal bars disappear.

Paying 999 or something PM fck reliance idiots

comp@ddict said:
10kbps

i've got sick of netconnect+

me 10 year old MTNL dial-up 56.6kbps gave me fast 7KBps download speed.. This one gives my 9KB/s max.

It's pathetic. I try to connect under "HSD" mode and all the signal bars disappear.

Paying 999 or something PM fck reliance idiots
seriously why do you use netconnect then. move to better alternatives

Back