OC & Modding Haswell or my intel 2600K @5.5Ghz ?? Should I be upgrading if at all?

Infected

Skilled
Unbelievable :)....?

My Intel i7 2600K still runs smooth at about 5.5Ghz(24/7) after over 2 years at that speed!!!! I was told it would burn out etc. But it runs smooth still, no issues.

Should I even think of upgrading to Haswell?? I don't think I will ever find such a chip again in Haswell. Unless I start benching a few of 'em which I don't really have the resources for..

Please suggest guys, as I am not really keen on the upgrade as the chip-set alone doesn't bring much to the table for me. And I still believe the 2600K at that speed is blazing fast!!!Help me out incase I am missing something really great or something really obvious in the Haswell.

Thank you so much.

Absolutely no need even more especially at 5.5ghz !!! Newer chips supposedly not clocking the best. You are good til 2015 EASY, have money to burn get multiple VDO cards 2800mhz 8gb kit :D

Absolutely no need even more especially at 5.5ghz !!! Newer chips supposedly not clocking the best. You are good til 2015 EASY, have money to burn get multiple VDO cards 2800mhz 8gb kit :D

....another 690GTX? I am thinking of more and nicer RAM thats for sure; Yeah I have not found too many with 5Ghz+ so its might be harder to find

hehehe, maybe I can get you a similar chip in Haswell, just like this one, :D

You serious ??? ;) I envy you...no kiddin' but think I will skip this cycle as well; I think next I will go for something with more cores.
But you seriously already binned one that high? Can't wait to see some more of your work :)

....another 690GTX? I am thinking of more and nicer RAM thats for sure; Yeah I have not found too many with 5Ghz+ so its might be harder to find

You serious ??? ;) I envy you...no kiddin' but think I will skip this cycle as well; I think next I will go for something with more cores.
But you seriously already binned one that high? Can't wait to see some more of your work :)

Sadly binning on air for absolute capability is not possible anymore. But do have a very decent 1.16V 4.6Ghz Prime 95 stable chip. Will be putting it on cold in the coming week to see what it is really capable of, :D

Sadly binning on air for absolute capability is not possible anymore. But do have a very decent 1.16V 4.6Ghz Prime 95 stable chip. Will be putting it on cold in the coming week to see what it is really capable of, :D

That Chip should be able to do a 5Ghz UnderWater or LN2.
True, how are the Corsair closed loop's for better than air I would assume though I have not used them much to comment.

Wait a bit and next year get a 4K screen to push your system.

Yeah, once the prices come down, we need two of those (Me and me Dad, He is an avid Wildlife Photographer, so he wants a 4K 40" or so ASAP. ) 4K screens right now they are like 15Lacs+ thats the issue.
When I told him to wait for next year this is what he replied "I'll be waiting forever for some tech. or the other" So now you know where my genes come from, but for now I have kepot him distracted form the screen till they alteast half in Price.

Cheers,

Back