Hathway BB - 150Mbps - 1,000 GB FUP @ Rs.999! (Chennai)

DarkAngel

Skilled
http://www.hathwaybroadband.com/index-mar-chennai.aspx?refUrl=OptGGLMarChn,hw_Mar_Chn

I have been seeing a lot of fliers in velachery area. How is the reliability? Has anyone opted for this plan? If so how is it? Very tempting offer.

Plan states free router and installation and only a 400rs deposit in case we opt for a 1 month rental plan.

muh06r.jpg

Hathway MD Rajan Gupta says will invest around Rs500 crore in south India, as part of the firm’s plans to launch a high-speed broadband internet service

The Mumbai-based firm, which already provides Internet services through the “Docsis 3” technology has made commercial launch of the service through GPON fibre-to-home technology, managing director of Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd, Rajan Gupta, said.

“We have seen an explosion in demand (for broadband Internet) in the last one year in Chennai... Average broadband consumption across the country is 45GB whereas in Chennai it is 90GB per month... From today, we are making the commercial launch in Chennai with GPON technology,” he said.

Elaborating, he said the company hoped to cover five lakh consumers over the next three years. “Investments will be around Rs400 to 500 crore in the three-year period... It will be for setting up data centre and other infrastructure... We are hoping to cover five lakh customers in three years,” he said.

Noting that existing operators provided broadband service through copper wires, he said the company would offer it through fibre cables providing high-speed services. “Our package will be starting from Rs999 onwards per month with speeds up to 150 mbps and 1000GB data unload per month... Second option will be 200mbps and 1000GB data at Rs1,299 per month,” he added.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/gF...500-crore-in-south-India-over-the-next-3.html

Not to mention, Hathway blocks a tonne of websites and has insane amount of filters on their network.
Not to mention, ACT has become the same! Websites don't load properly (Browsing Experience on Jio has been better), YouTube buffering Non-Viral videos even on a 60Mbps connection.
High bandwidth speed has become just become Fancy marketing term now a days.

If you look at Hathway plan 150mbps and 200mbps with the same 1000GB data, They are charging 300 more for that extra 50mbps. Meaning oversold bandwidth.

Not to mention, ACT has become the same! Websites don't load properly (Browsing Experience on Jio has been better), YouTube buffering Non-Viral videos even on a 60Mbps connection.
High bandwidth speed has become just become Fancy marketing term now a days.

If you look at Hathway plan 150mbps and 200mbps with the same 1000GB data, They are charging 300 more for that extra 50mbps. Meaning oversold bandwidth.

Looks like the bandwidth costs have crashed a lot in the last one year, everyone is doubling the data FUP and Hathway has straightaway gone to 1000GB FUP for Rs 999 Plan which means they are giving 1GB at 1 Rupee which is unbelievable !!

That fraudster MG Carley used to blabber about Rs.10 per GB but now we have reached Re 1 Per GB , wonder where he is hiding now.

Hathway had a stall in my apartment society yesterday.
Cost is one month charge (999) + Rs.400 refundable deposit + tax ~ 1.6K. Payment can be made by cheque. Promises 2 day activation.
Airtel has underground cables here in Chennai. They were working as soon as I got my power restored during the storm last December. Hathway is overhead cable though he says the cable is concealed and will withstand heavy winds.
Very tempted to try it out but wanted some user feedback from Chennai before taking the plunge. Cant afford unreliable connection. And I just spent 1K+Tax upgrading to v-fiber.

I think they need to improve their infrastructure. I had it installed in my Dad's place and they gave the connection as promised in two days. However, there was lot of buffering in you-tube videos and the connection was hit and miss. It works for 15 minutes and gets disconnected for 5 minutes. The service person was not able to rectify it and was clueless. After a month just disconnected it and went with ACT.

What ever free offer they have, ask them to provide all that offer in writing.... if not in writing or not mentioned on form you signed.... they might be charge you for everything....

Router and Connection FREE but what about Monthly RENTAL?

DO NOT TRUST on verbal assurance....

NEW PLAN:

150Mbps 1.2TB FUP plan for Rs.786 (Inc taxes) for Chennai subs.. Can anyone confirm??

~ 66p/GB!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
NEW PLAN:

150Mbps 1.2TB FUP plan for Rs.786 (Inc taxes) for Chennai subs.. Can anyone confirm??

~ 66p/GB!!!! :eek:
As i had posted earlier their service is very bad if there is a connection time out, worst than ACT. Not sure if their infrastructure and their CC is improved now. If they will charge the Rs.786/- without any deposit or activation charges it is worth to try it out for a month.

As i had posted earlier their service is very bad if there is a connection time out, worst than ACT. Not sure if their infrastructure and their CC is improved now. If they will charge the Rs.786/- without any deposit or activation charges it is worth to try it out for a month.
Not really sure, they would offer anything as Free Trial or No Security deposit because its FTTH equipment

Here in Mumbai they are good, but very bad pricing policy , just like they not wish to RETAIN their old Customers.

On other hand for new buyer they quote insanely cheap ... but not for old subscribers ... .... strange really strange.....

Why so much offers and upgrades to Chennai? In Pune its still old plans since 4 yrs now. Pathetic 30gb quota @50mbps. And similar bad plans.

Is it really unlimited???? Look at the above plans.. One has FUP (Quarterly) and the other one similarly priced has none! o_O

25Mbps truly unlimited at 250/month :D:D:D @bssunilreddy
They do allot fup of 500gb or sometimes 650gb and when you use it, it will automatically get refreshed and if it doesn't then you can mail them and they will allot you data again.
They are really lenient with data nowadays.

Switched to Hathway in May from Viztel/Gazon.

The plan details were similar to what OP has posted but bit different -

New connection with router and installation free at 6400/- (6 months plus 2 months free)

Monthly 1400GB @ 150 MBps (speed varies from 20-50 MBps)

Back