Hathway Mumbai Plan Specials - 1275pm for 150gb post which 3mbps

Nolasco

Disciple
So after changing from Hathway to MTNL due to issues, and MTNL being even worse with no customer service at all, I decided to try Hathway again and had them give me the connection with new wiring. I took the HD Bliss plan for 3 months which came up to about 1500Rs a month all inclusive with 50Gb at 50mbps post which it was 2mbps unlimited. Had almost no downtime in the last 3 months so very satisfied with the connection.

Its due for renewal in a couple of days hence I got a call this evening with a special offer if i take the yearly prepaid plan - Rs 16559 for 12+1 months with 150gb FUP per month post which it will be 3mpbs unlimited which is fantastic as it comes to approx 1275 per month. Finally seems like they are stepping up their game!

I also have Hathway in Bangalore. Have had it for the last 3 months during which time it has gone down 3 times but was set alright the next day.

The only thing i'd be wary of is the 1 year commitment. With Jio Fiber launching soon(a few months?) i wouldn't recommend you go for the yearly plan right away.

Yes, go with another 3 months plan and wait for Jio Fiber Broadband which will be released by Mar,2017.

Then you can decide either to stay with Hathway or change to Jio Fiber Broadband or not...

They are giving 150gb for 1200rs for 1 or 3 months in a lot of places, or at least where they have competition or need to pick up customers. Check out their plans in Kolkata and Chennai on their site.
Don't think making a one year commitment is a great idea, besides paying at one time should not be considered same as monthly. Also you might also wait 2 days, as some announce may be made regarding Jio Fiber that can lower Hathway prices. You might even get a FTTH/FTTB LCO in a few months.

Hathway are keen to retain customers.. been with them since they 1st launched the new CISCO backbone connections over 2 years ago in my area. In fact they are much better now than they were before. Very few downtimes and usually they are resolved promptly when they do happen.

However their billing systems and procedures are still archaic & you really have to be on top of them to ensure there's no double charging etc.

I still wouldn't lock myself to them on annual plans though. Prefer 6month plans. They're purposely luring customers to 1year plans to lock them down and prevent any shifts to other providers during the year.

Initially they also permitted addon recharges to bump the limits if you needed mid - plan with an adjustment towards any unused amount remaining balance if your account - like a mid term plan upgrade - but now they've said they'll just forfeit any balance amount and if you want to switch or change mid way - kiss your money goodbye.

keep that in mind

Hathway Broadband in Hyderabad is terrible and downtimes are huge.

They dont respond to downtimes and this is the situation 5 months ago at my friends house.

They have improved or not in these 5 months or not, I dont know.

Still BEAM aka ACT Broadband is somewhat good compared to Hathway or You Broadband in Hyderabad.

Waiting for Jio Broadband which might become operational from March,2017 onwards.

Then all other ISPs shall also improve their Plans along with FUPs and post FUP speeds as well to stay in bussiness.

Back