Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

@DarthCoder: Please read my previous post, the one right before yours. Could you check how much you have downloaded, during the increased speed period? Even you can't get the exact amount downloaded, even a rough idea will be useful in trying to figure out if the speed increase is supposed to be limited to a certain download amount or not. It could be that BSNL's speed increase also adds a FUP during which the increase will be available, and then reverts back to the old speeds.

Its highly unlikely that BSNL will provide 1 MbPS unlimited at just 750 rupees without any FUP. There would not be any balance since the 2MbPS unlimited broadband speed without any FUP is so costly.

I was earlier on Home combo 600 in chennai circle. Was so desperate on getting Unlimited 1Mbps speed i switched over to Home Combo 750 UL from this month.

BSNL employees, themselves are clueless on what the new 100 percent increase means. Their main motive is to increase the base broadband speed somehow to 2 Mbps and boast that we give 2 Mbps speed at 250 rupees itself.

So my opinion is that Either user will be allowed to change to the new 2Mbps till 8 GB plan and then 512Kbps or they will automatically be upgraded to that new plan.

Just think, if BSNL is going to introduce a 1Mbps Unlimited plan, why would they go to the extent of introducing the above new plan. It just do not make any sense.

Will wait this whole month, if there is no speed increase i will revert back to the 2 Mbps night unlimited plan since it is better for me compared to 512 Unlimited. I dont need to keep my laptop and wireless router switched on for days together which involves power cuts inbetween ( Yeah, in chennai).

^^ Why is it unlikely ?

For a govt funded company , they very well can manage that.. esp if it is under the threat of getting run over by other telecom companies.

The general base speeds in countries less developed than India is already 1 Mbps and beyond.. so why cant we entertain the thoughts of the think tank waking up to the fact that consumer should have basic speeds to run youtube contents easily ?

They increased the speeds by 100% once already, they surely can do it again if the idea of 1 or even 2Mbps has struck them.

rahulyo said:
No Nashik :(

I don't have any idea about Nashik. I remember Hostgator Indian office is there only.

Sub said:
As usual, no one could care less about Kolkata...

There are still many isp's Planning to launch everywhere. But kolkata is definitely not in their list. :(
Sumit05 said:
At least they should first go to neighboring states.:huh:

Where you want?

Bangalore- Already ACT present and Expanding.

Mumbai - Fivenet joined the party long back. Beam is going to launch by next year or in 2013 and also Soon to be joined by So called www.Hayai.in

Chennai- ACT has planned to roll out there

Delhi- Beam has planned.

Kerala- No idea and no news.. We can Expect ACT there.

Ahmedabad - Beam has planned. Fivenet has also planned.

Pune - Hayai planned..

can anyone post the link to the night plan or something where there's UL download at night and limited at day, or something like that. If there's any.....

Using Bsnl 1350 UL 4 Mbps plan and getting download speed around 200 to 250kbps in Chennai.have been with this plan for last 4 months and mostly the speed test comes up with maximum 2 Mbps. Been with many other plans of BSNL but all of them sucks including this 4 MBPS one.

Dear Customer,

BSNL is pleased to inform you that we have increased the speed of BB Home Combo Unlimited 625 plan from present 256kbps to 512kbps up to a download of 4GB and thereafter the speed will be 256 kbps.

The speed of BB Home Combo UL750 plan has been increased from the present 512kbps to 1Mbps up to a download of 6GB and thereafter the speed will be 512kbps.

Pl call 1504 (toll free) from your landline for further details.

BSNL Users of Hyderabad Got this mail from BSNL.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back