Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

OMG .... just 6GB .. grrrrrrrrr

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

VSAT Tariff and Customer Care:

Network :

The network consists of a Hub located at Bangalore and VSATs located throughout the country. The VSAT communicates to the HUB through Express AM1 Satellite. All VSATs are connected in STAR topology and VSAT to VSAT communication is through the HUB at Bangalore. For more information on the service kindly read the FAQ . Ku band VSAT network of BSNL is capable of providing high speed data transfer up to 2Mbps (presently 512 Kbps) and voice communication service covering the entire country.

Tariff:

BSNL offers competitive and affordable Tariff.

The Tariff is offered based on customer applications.

Customer Care:

Reliability of Network 99% and above.

24x7 Help Desk and Technical support.

Zone wise customer support centers for quick Fault clearance.

Billing information can be accessed through Web Self care.

Complaints can be booked either through internet, Toll free Phone Number.

For details kindly contact Ph: 080-26643766,

E-Mail to dgmkuband @ bsnl.co.in

Address :

Deputy General Manager (SAT),

3 rd Floor, Sanchar Complex,

WMS Compound, 9 th Main,

47 th Cross, 5 th Block, J

ayanagar, Bangalore-560041

Phone: 080-26633400, Fax: 080-26630066.

Going BEAM on my second PC as well.To hell with you BSNL! No point cribbing people...Kootte ki poonch kitni bhi seedhi karo,hamesha tedhi hi rahegi:p

Update:My contact at the telephone exchange told me that the FUP is temporary(2-3 months at most) and we should get unlimited 1Mbps soon.Again,this is only applies for Hyderabad.By the way,no change of plans on my front.Getting BEAM this week.

tufel said:
Update:My contact at the telephone exchange told me that the FUP is temporary(2-3 months at most) and we should get unlimited 1Mbps soon.Again,this is only applies for Hyderabad.By the way,no change of plans on my front.Getting BEAM this week.
How are BEAM pings to international servers?

I'm on BSNL and pings are totally inconsistent. Some days they go above 300 (including Indian servers) and some days normal 175-200 to European servers.

Dowbot said:
How are BEAM pings to international servers?

I'm on BSNL and pings are totally inconsistent. Some days they go above 300 (including Indian servers) and some days normal 175-200 to European servers.

Very Good.

swatkats said:
Where you want?

Bangalore- Already ACT present and Expanding.

ACT is there in bangalore, but it is hardly available in 5-10 areas and they dont really look like expanding from there. The list of areas covered in Bangalore on their website is the same as it was when they started. I have called them so many times and every time they promise they will cover my area in another one month. Really frustrating! :(

Have you been downloading constantly since this morning? How much data have you transferred? Because the last time people from Hyderabad saw 1 Mbps speed (last month), it lasted for a short time. Then someone said that it's because they have implemented a 6GB FUP on the increased speed. I hope that's not true. Please let us know once you download a substantial amount (and reconnect).

well it's possible that it happens only at the start of the month. I have 5 more days to stay at home, I'll try to find out. Don't have much to download.

Lets see. 6GB huh. Atleast after that it's 512Kbps not 256.

adityamunshi said:
Thats as good as not getting any speed upgrade.

Truly. Perhaps even worse, since they got our hopes up for nothing. :no:

On a side note, won't that mean that BSNL will have to change the names of the "updated" plans? There are two types of BSNL unlimited plans. One is the flat, constant speed, no FUP unlimited plan. This type of plan has the UL prefix. The other type is the unlimited data, but speed drops off after FUP. BSNL uses ULD (unlimited with differential speeds) to name these.

So if the UL750 gets two speeds, it will no longer be a UL plans according to BSNL's own nomenclature. I guess it could mean that BSNL is simply scrapping the UL plans and replacing them with ULD ones :(

tufel said:
@comp@ddict,Any reason for not going in for BEAM?

I wasn't there when my parents shifted. I was at college. The BSNL guys approached, and I got a call after they got the connection (airtel wasn't available, yeah I know, I want airtel for it's pings to play TF2)

They might change their apartment to another one, then it's surely beam. It's 10Mbps UL for 1000 bucks right?

Back