Storage Solutions HDD and Price

krisdkiller

Disciple
Hi

I wanted to know price of different HDD available in the market.

Space 320GB + Sata I

help ^_^. I need to buy a new hdd as am outta space :|

lol i doubt Sata 1 hdds are still available these days, but SATA 2 hdds work on SATA I port also in a backward compatible way i think, so it should not be much of a prob i guess

^ off course it will .. albeit limited due to SATA I interface but still the price is really tempting.... No reason why you should get a 320 GB HDD 'coz price per GB would be phenomenal considering these faster better HDD's at such affordable rates...

ill go and check Nehru Place 2mrrw and see if WD 640 GB is available at that price.
Also I am facing a Problem with my MOBO.

When ever I connect 2 hdds then it starts to give problem. 1st i thot its a hdd problem which forced me to change my previous HDD (250 GB [Sold to Techie 007]). But when i got my new HDD I faced the same problem, So I decided to change the Port to which it was connected. For few days it worked well bt then again I started creating problem for me.

Ne ideas about the issue?

krisdkiller said:
ill go and check Nehru Place 2mrrw and see if WD 640 GB is available at that price.

Also I am facing a Problem with my MOBO.

When ever I connect 2 hdds then it starts to give problem. 1st i thot its a hdd problem which forced me to change my previous HDD (250 GB [Sold to Techie 007]). But when i got my new HDD I faced the same problem, So I decided to change the Port to which it was connected. For few days it worked well bt then again I started creating problem for me.

Ne ideas about the issue?

****, so u sold me that HDD cos u thot there was a problem ? :mad:

just kidding :bleh:. its working fine till now though. touchwood :)

techie_007 said:
****, so u sold me that HDD cos u thot there was a problem ? :mad:

just kidding :bleh:. its working fine till now though. touchwood :)

Actually i want to upgrade it but before I do so i want to figure out the problem.

I have 4 HDD pins on my mobo.

Currently i have 1 HDD installed. Maxtor 160 GB.
Few months back i got a new hdd 250 GB. When I connected that hdd, my comp slowed down and started giving me problems like hanging in the middle of transfer or even while playing music.

1st thot that came in my mind was, there is some problem with my HDD. so i sent it back to Seagate for replacement. Once it came back and when i connected it again on Pin #2, I realised that it has something to do with my HDD pins on mobo. So this time i Connected it on pin #3. For few days it was working fine, then I disconnected it to check out my new 3.5" casing. When i connected it back, same problem occured.

krisdkiller said:
I have 4 HDD pins on my mobo.

Currently i have 1 HDD installed. Maxtor 160 GB.
Few months back i got a new hdd 250 GB. When I connected that hdd, my comp slowed down and started giving me problems like hanging in the middle of transfer or even while playing music.

1st thot that came in my mind was, there is some problem with my HDD. so i sent it back to Seagate for replacement. Once it came back and when i connected it again on Pin #2, I realised that it has something to do with my HDD pins on mobo. So this time i Connected it on pin #3. For few days it was working fine, then I disconnected it to check out my new 3.5" casing. When i connected it back, same problem occured.

PIO mode? That usually leads to slowdowns like anyhting, esp while copying. Check device manager.

Back