HDD external casing....!!!!

sunandoghosh

Disciple
HDD external casing....!!!!

Respected geeks and fellow members,

I purchased a frontech HDD casing for nearly rs 900 (assuming) that i would be able to use it for external HDD drive.

I also purchased the sata hard disk for this casing...

Unfortunately now i found that frontech HDD casing which the shopkeeper had sold me was compatible with pata hard drive only and NOT sata.

When i asked him that i wanted it for SATA he said me categorically that there is no HDD casing available in India which is SATA compatible. And mind u he is a very big shop in main computer shops area in kolkata.

SO in this context, i would like to clarify the following:

a. Are SATA compatible HDD externally casing really not available in India...???

b. Are there any companies other than frontech making HDD external casing...???

I would really really appreciate if anyone who has used himself personally HDD casing in India shares his experiences and also suggestions / advice he can have for me...!!!!!!!!!

Again I am really thankful for taking time to read my long post and then possibly sharing your valuable insight / experience...!!!!!!!

Warmest regards,

CHEERS

sunando

1. AFAIK, HDD casing for SATA drives is not available. Heck, even PCI cards for SATA are not as easily n widely available as for PATA drives. but, hang around for ppl from Mumbai/Pune/Chennai/Delhi to reply here.. May be HDD casing for SATA is available in one of these cities..

2. Not really sure of that either, but almost all makes (manufacturers) of HDD casing are generic. quality is as good as any other company, but they mostly differ only in their names.

Back