Audio Headphone with MIC for recording voice for making short films/ Video Tutorials...

Guys,

I am planning to buy a Headphone with MIC for recording purpose. I would be recording voice of my Grandfather:D and will give my voice as well. So I need a MIC which has noise cancellation feature as well. It should be able to record the voice without any background noise and very good voice clarity.

Budget is not more than 3k. You can also suggest something on the lower scale as well, say 1k:p

Regards,
doubleseven

Guys,

I am planning to buy a Headphone with MIC for recording purpose. I would be recording voice of my Grandfather:D and will give my voice as well. So I need a MIC which has noise cancellation feature as well. It should be able to record the voice without any background noise and very good voice clarity.

Budget is not more than 3k. You can also suggest something on the lower scale as well, say 1k:p

Regards,
doubleseven

Hi Doubleseven,

I would suggest you check out this software called Audicity. Its a free DAW with excellent noise removal tools. Try processing your recorded vocal track with this plug-in. Here's a video demo-ing the feature.

Audacity Noise Removal Tool - YouTube

Get the best possible mic for the budget and try processing it in audicity. See whats the best results you get with it. You can upgrade to a dynamic or a condenser later on. The key to good vocals is the recording environment and processing. Mic is just a part of the signal chain. Shoot me an email and maybe i can help you more on this.

Thanks and regards,
Sidz

Most mp3 players/phones have Voice recording feature which range from decent (phones) to excellent (some mp3 players). As sidz2bt suggested once you recorded the voice you can use Sound editing software to improve it like noise removal, increase volume level etc, my fav software is WavePad, it is paid software but works well for free. Don't waste money on Mic unless you planned to use everyday...for occasional recording the above should work much better.

Back