Audio Headphones: HD485 or HD555

Vij

Skilled
Hi!
Wanted to buy the Sennheiser HD55 locally but now plan to get it from abroad...
Now some people suggest the HD485 over the HD555...
HD485 is around 65$ HD555 is 100$...is the HD555 worth the extra 35$...Thats what I want to know...
I have a poll...please do vote...You may comment and post here too...would love to hear from you guys...
Quick replies will help...My friend is arriving Dec 4th.

Thanks guys :)

you know I really don't think so. I've not seen the HD 485, but have used a friends 555, and i think the 485 would be more comfortable for longer hours. The reviews also seem to favor the 485 with better quality.

They're both good sets, you can't go wrong with either - look at features and price before making the final call :)

yeah...Headfi.org is the place to get real reviews on headphones, amps etc.

I am not expert in headphones but from what i've read at headfi between the HD 485, HD 555 and HD 595 the 555's are best value for money.

The sound quality of 555's are better than 485's, definitly worth the price difference, and the sound quality of the the 595's is better than 555 but not worth the almost 4.5k premium over the 555's (they cost 8.9k + 12.5%).

so it all depends on your budget from here. :)

guys..
sorry for intruption but i am also looking for good headphone.
but i want it in pune. or somebody can purchase it for me..

max budget is 3-4k.

plz help...

1st preference - songs on ipod
second - movies on my system but with lots of powerful base.... i love base than effects.....
last - gaming.. hardly 2-3 hours a week...

plz suggest..

Looking at the polls, it's a close match...

I would suggest u to buy HD485 bcoz the price difference b/w 485 and 555 is quite... and if u r not an audiophile then 485s would do just fine.

hmm...well let me put my preferences...I dont like boomy bass....prefer tight bass with optimum thump...nothing jarring or heavy....I want audio clarity n a soft feel......cant explain..lol...oh n they have to be comfortable...I have sensitive ears...
but yes..Iam no audiophile nor will I be using any amp...I have an average souncard in Audigy2ZS...

If the sound quality is 15% better with a HD555 then Il go for it...I know it cant be measured but then hw else do I explain....

Il take more opinions n decide...

I can't compare, but with my almost one weeks experience with 555's i am absolutely blown away by the quality of sound, and comfort. IMO they were 6k well spent. :)

Are you buying it locally or from USofA :p? If its the latter, run a query on pricegrabber... its arnd 100$ at a lot of places.

If you intend to get it shipped to india, it won't work :p. Amazon only ships books and cds to india thats it. If you are buying in UK, be ready to pay 19% VAT.

My friend will be getting it here...Il b calling him today...

I wanted to buy it frm Googles dealer...But I cant wait 6 weeks and he cant ship it before 6 weeks n even that he isnt sure...

btw tat guy puts me off...He took 2 weeks to reply my email n says "Another 6 weeks will be shipped...Any other Q pl let me know..." :mad:

If I knew any dealers who would gv it for 6k n within 10 days I wud hv gladly ordered it locally...

Back