Audio Headphones

Striker10

Skilled
Hi I am quite interested to get myself a new wireless headphones which is the best brand for this kind ? my budget is below 1,000 rupees . my friend has frontech pieces , is it good ?

is ATP3 the best in the mid range segment of 2.1 system ? is there anyting which is better than ATP3 in terms of bass reproduction but below 5,000 rupees ?

mods , move the thread to the appropriate section if this is in wrong subforum , thx

good quality audio with wireless will be a wee more expensive IMHO
i think the philips HC130 does a good job and last i heard it retailed at around 1600/-

not much can be said about frontech tho.

atp3 should be really good. Haven't heard personally so can't say for sure. But all reviews are great.
Am doubtful about quality wireless stuff below 1K. Also, dont think frontech would be any good.
But you decide only after listening to them. Sound preferences are subjective.

You could try looking for the Altec Lansing 621. Its a notch above the ATP3, no idea about what its priced at currently.. hopefully might just fit in the 5K budget.

And wireless is seriously lacking, even in the better brands of headphones. So it would be wise to stay away from brands like Frontech etc, as all you will be treated to is an FM-radio like experience.

Sony have a couple of wireless models that use InfraRed for transmission. Decent quality, but you need to maintain a direct LOS (Line of Sight) with the base transmission unit. IR is supposedly a notch better in quality than the standard RF (Radio Frequency) type wireless headphones. However RF headphones have the advantage in that they dont need a direct LOS. The Philips models as per my knowledge are RF type.

Another factor to consider is the weight of wireless headphones. They tend to be a bit bulky and heavy, with the additional weight of a receiving unit and a battery.

yeah they're heavy alright..my friend has a wireless headphone set, its from some company called 'Gemini' he bought it for only 600 rupees. BUT, the quality of sucked, its FM based, the connecter transmits the audio to an FM signal, so any FM reciever device can recieve the signal, not only the headphones supplied with the set.

how much is those sony headphones , crazy_eddy ?

thanks . i am not looking for ultra sound quality , just decentsound playback will do :)

No clue about the prices here, since I picked up my pair from abroad way back. I'd expect them to be a bit expensive say around 1.5 ~ 2K. Hardly use it though after I got my wired pair of sennheisers, since i found them heavy in comparison.

You could check out the Philips wireless models, RF-based and should be cheaper in comparison and generally easily available. Sound quality should be decent as well.

^ They're in really REALLY bad shape, been tossed around and misused (not by me of course). Its not even worth selling :p

Back