[HEADS-UP] Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth Headset MW600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
Not exactly a hot deal per se. :p

I was on the lookout for a stereo bluetooth headset for a friend of mine about a week back and we had considered the Dell BH200 and even had a WTB thread in the Market section. But fortunately it did not go through! Why you may ask?

Well, we saw a Sony Ericsson MW600 on retail in the eBay. Browsed through the details in the company link and ordered one right away. Got it delivered yesterday and this is one kick ass deal I'd say.

- The headset has a 3.5mm jack onboard so you could plug any earphones into it (battery life would further depend on the impedance though!);

- Bundles a universal 100-230V AC charger which can as well be plugged to charge the phone (comes with a USB micro B port - the left most connector!);

- Has a touch-sensitive volume control (like the scroll feature found in the laptop's touchpad);

- A tiny and cute OLED display and

- Bundles a pair of extra-decent IEMs with 2 extra pair of foams!

Baam! :D

The IEMs felt as good as my PL21 if I may add! Had a good soundstage and decent non-boomy bass. :)

Paired flawlessly with his good old HTC Touch and he is a happy SE camper now. :D

Here's the eBay link for the product - eBay India: New Sony Ericsson Stereo Bluetooth Headset MW600 MW-600 (item 260639676190 end time 22-Aug-2010 13:39:23 IST)

SE Link - Sony Ericsson - Products - Accessories - Features - MW600

^Nope. Checked. :(

I have never had luck connecting an iPhone with other phones or headsets. :\

@coolragav: shall ask my friend. :)

i wonder why you cudnt get Dell BH200. If you still wish to get the same call up the dell india and they wud ship one for you in less than 3 or 4 days price RS 2500 but between sony and dell ...i wud go with dell. I have dell bh200 and my frnd has a aino he got these bluetooth headset with it.

I guess that this is the same that is being bundled with the SE Aino. BTW, can it be paired with Samsung Corby ones?

^No thank you now I wouldn't be bothered to go with the Dell BH200 considering the features available on this one. I wouldn't recommend the Dell to my friends either. :)

Even the Nokia BH214 Dhruv mentioned of, is essentially the similar model from Nokia but lacks a display and is expensive.

I just mentioned the BH214 to give you an idea of the kind of battery life you can expect from these :p

I got them for free with my N900 ! :D

OP , the ebay deal link posted is OEM item, with probably no warranty. Its mentioned, it doesnt even come in original packing. Is it safe, what if service support is required?

Thanks of the thread though, we at least get to know the alternatives. Even i am looking for BT 3030 (options). Actually i saw quite a few dealers abroad on ebay.com selling nokia BH 214 for 20$ which is tempting.

^It has a 10 days' warranty. I am sure the retail pricing should be in excess of 3k INR. I wouldn't be worried about warranty for such a small accessory anyway. :)

works fine with my iPhone 3G(3.1.3/4.0.1).With no AVRCP in the iOS,the headset's music controls next and prev are useless, atleast the volume control of the headset manages its output have to do with this for now..but the goodnews iOS 4.1 is getting AVRCP so the headset should be perfect then. As for the audio quality cann't make out the difference between by MP21 and this most of the time.The cost i'm willing to pay for being un-wired!! :p And a little icing on the cake i have FM for my iPhone :p

^Hey how did you pair it with the iPhone? I have the 3.1.2 onboard mine and tried pairing but to no luck. Does 3.1.3 provide any bluetooth profile related update?

I did say the bundled IEMs are awesome. In fact, when I used them with the iPhone, I found almost no difference compared to the PL21 I have. :p

OT: And how does iOS 4.0.1 fair on the 3G? :)

Desecrator said:
^Hey how did you pair it with the iPhone? I have the 3.1.2 onboard mine and tried pairing but to no luck. Does 3.1.3 provide any bluetooth profile related update?

I did say the bundled IEMs are awesome. In fact, when I used them with the iPhone, I found almost no difference compared to the PL21 I have. :p

OT: And how does iOS 4.0.1 fair on the 3G? :)

didn't do anything out of the way for pairing it...switched on bluetooth on the iPhone, put the headset in discoverable mode(hold the power button for 5 secs) and then the iPhone picked it up. Not sure about the bluetooth related differences between 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 iOS.

As for the iOS 4.0.1 performance on the 3G is a whole thread on to itself :p but with recent double hard reset tweak and then i turned off spotlight for everything since i never actually use it. With these tweaks the performance is close to 3.1.3 but not quiet yet there.YMMV.

Hopefully iOS4.1 should solve all this BS for iPhone 3G users. Really looking forward to that release.

i ordered the mW600 Without going thru this thread
but i guess i have made the rite decision

eagerly Waiting for the thing to be delivered!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back