Heartbreaking : Hundreds of children massacred in Pakistan

Is it so surprising that they would also behave just like Indians? Aren't they also a chip of the same old block considering that they were also called "Indians" till 67 years back. Virtual lines don't suddenly change the nature of the people. The nature of the people in this sub-continent is to blame somebody else for the problems caused by their own damned neglect and instead of trying to fix things so that it doesn't happen again they revel in self pity and hate for others. That is what Indians do and that is what Pakistanis do.

I agree to that sentiment mostly, but the treatment in the respective countries have contributed heavily in forming different mentalities in many aspects. While we share the same DNA, we are a lil bit more circumspect. Tendency to blame others remain, but there are many other aspects which we (thankfully) lack when compared.

^^ how many pakis have you met in real life? have you lived with them? do you have first hand experience in how they behave in day to day life?

Well Pakistan unfortunately refuses to understand (from the statements coming out of the army, politicians etc.) that you cannot create a monster and expect to control the same. It is for their well being that they should supporting these terrorist organizations or such attacks unfortunately will keep happening.
We actually have members comparing the Taliban with the groups from the north-east :p .

^^ :p
if NE groups are not good enough for you, then you can try comparing with LTTE or may be Bhindranwale.

there's no difference between the way pakis and indians behave. we are one and the same. :p

^^ you both are kids. we've had so many home grown terrorist camps. don't you know about Khalistan, ULFA, Bodo, Naxal, SIMI etc? they are mostly funded by our beloved indians.

instead of reading about terrorism on tech blogs, ask your relatives, neighbors etc who work with the MHA.
When you dance with the devil you have to wait for the music to stop :)

In the 50 & 60's the Israelis shouted about terrorism, the Arabs & Indians said sort out Palestine.
In the 70s, the Americans said the same and reply from Arabs & Indians was still the same.
In the 80s & 90s India started shouting about terrorism, The Americans & Arabs said sort out Kashmir.
In the 00's the Americans, started again, this time the Indians said we told you so, the Arabs were a bit more divided.
Now in the 10's the Arabs are talking about it, and now the west says we told you so.

In the 50 & 60's the Israelis shouted about terrorism, the Arabs & Indians said sort out Palestine.
In the 70s, the Americans said the same and reply from Arabs & Indians was still the same.
In the 80s & 90s India started shouting about terrorism, The Americans & Arabs said sort out Kashmir.
In the 00's the Americans, started again, this time the Indians said we told you so, the Arabs were a bit more divided.
Now in the 10's the Arabs are talking about it, and now the west says we told you so.
Nicely analysed and put together :)

Well Pakistan unfortunately refuses to understand (from the statements coming out of the army, politicians etc.) that you cannot create a monster and expect to control the same. It is for their well being that they should supporting these terrorist organizations or such attacks unfortunately will keep happening.
We actually have members comparing the Taliban with the groups from the north-east :p .

More or less. Its a terrible thing to have happened but this is what happens when you keep rabid dogs in your backyard hoping to sic them on your neighbors. Sometimes they will turn on you.

^^ :p
if NE groups are not good enough for you, then you can try comparing with LTTE or may be Bhindranwale.

there's no difference between the way pakis and indians behave. we are one and the same. :p

Not really, no. I mean on some individual level, we share the same traits but then again that is true of many other cultures you could compare us with. Love for kids, hope for a brighter future, national pride, fear of people different from you, jealousy and anger and all that stuff. Its not an Indian/Pakistani thing. Just a human thing.

But culturally and socially we arent really the same people. Havent been for a while.

Edit I am not saying as a people one of us is better or worse. Just that the idea of "we are all the same separated by a invisible line on a map" is naive.

Last edited:

Timeline is a bit warped as most of the issues came to head during the 80s and many of them are just blowbacks. Israel support to Hamas against PLO came back to bite them. The jihadist movement has its root in the Afghani rebel movement against the Soviets (thank you Reagan doctrine). I think the movie Charlie Wilson's War has a good portrayal about it.

For anyone wanted to read more about the Kashmir's issue and the rise of terrorism, check out a comic series from NL: http://www.newslaundry.com/2012/05/16/kashmir-ki-kahani-2/ (first part). There are some real issues from our side too which has led to what is happening now.

Don't bother to post any reply as I feel we are deviating from the Thread topic and I will not answer, if you want an answer then open a new thread and tag me there.
didn't read this line earlier... looks like you added it after i already replied to your post :p. if you wanted to stay on topic, you should've not mentioned india.

anyway, i won't tag you but still reply to your comments as you are spreading wrong info.

Now you seem to be very grown up matured person (sarcasm intended) but you are forgetting that all the organizations which you have named are not going on foreign land to attack them (as in the case of Pak sending their terrorist here in India) and they are NOT TRAINED by any Indian Govt. agencies (As in the case of ISI).
the comments i make around terrorism are the result of my close association with the press during the 9/11 and other events before and after this period. i was exposed to lot of inside info which is not relayed to the public. i live among bureaucrats which hold offices in IB, CBI, ***, ***, north block, south block, PM's office, etc. when you say that we don't train and send terrorists to other nations, i can clearly see an individual influenced by internet. i can't mention any sensitive stuff here but it'll be safe to mention about LTTE and Bhindranwale (as they are gone now). these two entities are perfect examples of "india paying the price for supporting them". i like to quote from my own experiences but most of the people here like to quote random stuff from internet... so here's something from the internet:
1502.png

DON'T GO FOR NAME CALLING Like Kids or something, if you have to say something then you can put it respectively.
with due respect, i intend to call you 'kid' in comparison to my age. a kid who is born in the internet era and whose primary source of info is internet and may be TV. i know for sure that avi is lot younger, so i can safely call him a kid. it's not name calling :p. i belong to pre-internet era and i have seen the acts of terrorism from my own eyes, instead of watching on TV/newspaper or internet.

i don't care what thought process people apply; but i don't like them to spread wrong info and influence others. i already see a lot of pro hindu posts on whatsapp and FB. these people do nothing but spread hatred unnecessarily.

i've lived among the pakistanis for quite some time. i must say that they think and act just like we indians. afterall, we have the same roots. so far i haven't met any paki who says that he/she found india any different from their own country.

^^ you both are kids. we've had so many home grown terrorist camps. don't you know about Khalistan, ULFA, Bodo, Naxal, SIMI etc? they are mostly funded by our beloved indians.

instead of reading about terrorism on tech blogs, ask your relatives, neighbors etc who work with the MHA.
I'm with you as far as Khalistan (punjab politics) & Bodo (divide ULFA) are concerned. Even bal thackeray was supported by Congress to take on the commies.

But can you say more about Naxal, SIMI & ULFA ? who were they set up to counter.

How does any of you know that Pakistan is sponsoring cross border terror attacks in India?
How does any of you know that Indian govt is not supporting cross border terror attacks in Pakistan or other countries.

You have only what the media reports to go by. Then you selectively pick up and believe what is convenient for you to believe.
We are the good guys, so we cannot do anything wrong. They are the bad guys and responsible for everything bad that happened.
Just like how our media says that Pak link is being investigated every time there is a terror attack in India, their media says that Indian link is being investigated.
Pakistanis think the same way. Is that really that hard to picture?

Our investigative agencies claim and media reports that an attack was master minded by Pak. But the the same happens in Pak and well . It goes both ways, but people filter out what they don't want to believe and believe what they want to and that is what people in Pak do as well.

Samjutha Express attacks anyone? After Aseemanand talked in court over 5 hours giving elaborate descriptions of how the attacks were planned and carried out, he quickly made it all invalid by claiming that he was pressured. But people did not even wait that long to dismiss it all. Yeah right, people would rather believe that the NIA pressured him enough to make him rehearse a script that lasted over 5 hours than believe that he and RSS were involved in a terror attack. This guy was also caught on record in an interview alleging how RSS was involved in every major terror attack in India. But that doesn't change what people want to believe.

Indians don't need a shred of evidence to blame Pak for an attack, but all the evidence in the world would fall short to convince in a vice-versa case and Paki are no different.

Two quotes from the great George Carlin to resonate my views on this incident....

"I'm also tired of hearing about innocent victims; this is an outmoded idea. There are no innocent victims. If you're born on this world you're guilty, period, **** you, end of report, next case. Your birth certificate is proof of guilt."

"God is one of the leading causes of death— has been for thousands of years. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, all taking turns killing each other because God told them it was a good idea. The sword of God, the blood of the lamb, vengeance is mine, millions of dead motherfuckers, all because they gave the wrong answer to the God question: "Do you believe in God?" "No." Boom! Dead. "Do you believe in God?" "Yes..." "Do you believe in my God?" "No." Boom! Dead. "My god has a bigger **** than your god!"

next some people here will blame 26/11 even on Indian agencies.

big difference between Pakis & us, thankfully. as someone said on twitter
after 26/11 people in Pak danced in streets & there was a huge wave of happiness there, here we trend #IndiawithPakistan.

Back