Help Building HIGH-END RIG (Budget 70k without Monitor)

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 70K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor - Dell ST2210 21.5" WideScreen

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1. Monitor - Dell ST2210 21.5" WideScreen

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1. CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
2. Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX
3. GPU - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5
4. RAM - Corsair DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 Model CMD4GX3M2B1600C8
5. Monitor - NA
6. SMPS - Corsair 750W TX
7. CPU Cooler - CORSAIR H50 Cooling Hydro Series
8. Cabinet - NZXT TEMPEST EVO Enthusiast Steel Mid-Tower
9. Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
1. No

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Mumbai

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. HTPC
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
6. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. No

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
1. Strategy - Splinter Cell Conviction, Call of Duty
2. Racing - Burnout, NFS Most Wanted.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1900x1080
2. Desktop - 1900x1080

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit

Replace Cooler with noctua NH-D14 as it is much better than the corsair H50 and its almost the same price.. also go for a 1TB hdd as its around 1200 bucks more than a 500gb...i recommend the seagate barracuda 7200.12... wat about the keyboard , mouse and speakers ? rest of ur config seems gr8...

I think the H50 is better cause it is a water cooler so even if you don't have an Air conditioned environment it should perform better than the Noctua which depends on Air but will be better if they can be compared

rest of the configuration is rock solid for RAM you can look at G Skill too

also remember to get RAM of speed 1333MHz due to the fact that until you don't over clock your PC AMD chips do not use higher speeds like 1600MHz +

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cpu-memory/review/2009/02/21/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-810-and-X3-720-BE/p1

unfortunately even the newer chipsets and processors also do not support RAM speeds over 1600MHZ

i think you are overspending on the motherboard since its sata 6 and you dont have any sata 6 hdd/ssd on your list. mobo has built in gfx which would also be a waste plus the mobo supports all sorts of overclocking which you are not intending to do. go for some lower end asus board and put the same money in crossfire later down the line. rest config looks good. bench and post the scores. go for the new logitech unifying k350 series wireless keyboards and mice if its in your budget. also dont go for nzxt cabinets i have read the cable routing is poor, any coolermaster will do just good.

ok thanks for replying now Cooler Master HAF X is available in SMC international (Delhi) worth Rs. 11,700 so i am getting that Cabby. Confused in Corsair H50 Water Cooler or Noctua NH - D14.

ujas said:
i think you are overspending on the motherboard since its sata 6 and you dont have any sata 6 hdd/ssd on your list. mobo has built in gfx which would also be a waste plus the mobo supports all sorts of overclocking which you are not intending to do. go for some lower end asus board and put the same money in crossfire later down the line. rest config looks good. bench and post the scores. go for the new logitech unifying k350 series wireless keyboards and mice if its in your budget. also dont go for nzxt cabinets i have read the cable routing is poor, any coolermaster will do just good.
Bru almost all motherboards come with the over clock tools these days so even if you buy a decent motherboard you will get all the added features + why not get the additional SATA 6 support from now only when it is being offered instead of paying for a new a board to add the features.

NZXT cabinets are better in cable routing and only lose their edge in build quality but that is acceptable and this brings about a decent weight loss.

Also if the guy is gaming I would recommend he sticks with a cabled keyboard and mouse as Bluetooth devices always lose out on the response time front, as well as the onboard IGP is a boon incase your Primary graphic card gets K. Oed so you can always continue working on your IGP till the card is replaced.

+1 to wired keyboard and mouse for gaming... if ur going for the HAF-X the noctua NH-D14 should fit easily... it is without a doubt better than the H50... but if u think watercooling looks cooler thts upto u :)

I think H50 shall seal the deal though I have little low down on the Noctua with respect to its price in INDIA

One question - If you aren't going to overclock, then why spend more money for the Corsair H50 ?

And in your budget, a GTX460 SLI rig is very much possible.

+1 to sid... Replace 1090t with 1055t... forget about the cpu cooler and get 2 GTX 460s :D... Better performance than buying a GTX 480... Might just fit into ur budget though :p

I would get the single best card that i can buy now and later on plan a sli when the price comes down. Makes no sense in going SLI with 2 lower priced cards and limiting chances of further upgrade.
So better get a GTX 470 / 480 instead of going GTX 460 SLi

If you plan on setting up SLi do shift over to Intel platform.

(1) Cooler Master HAF X is Final, i ordered to SMC International, Delhi

(2) Corsair TX750W PSU is Final,

(3) AMD Phenom II 1090T is Final,

(4) ATI Sapphire 5850 is Final,

(5) WD 1 TB 6 Gbps is Final,

(6) Corsair H50 is Final,

Confused in 3 Motherboards,

(a) Asus Crosshair IV Formula, - Price = ?????

(b) ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3,

(c) GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5.

also i want Corsair Dominator or Gskill Memory so which memory model is compatible with Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard.

As some one who uses i will attest to the H50's potential ... just pair with some high performing fan in push pull and should perform just as well if not better then the noctua. I use my H50 with a pair of Scyth kaze 1900 RPM high performance fans ... with regards to motherboards , i use the Asus ROG series motherboard and i am pretty much satisfied by it... i will go one step ahead and say they are pretty nice to overclock ... your choice should be between the crosshair and the ud5 since they are just as good ... gigabyte are reputed to have a much better after sales service then asus although this seems have to been changed lately but i cant confirm this.

Having used both corsair and Gskill memory in the med range segment i think there is very little to choose between them. Probably again the deciding factor might come to ASS and warranty factors.

Back