Help buying a Notebook

arnov

Adept
Hey Friends,

I am planning to buy a Notebook under 30k and put Linux on that for my daily Office work. So basically I want a Non OS Laptop where I can put my favorite Ubuntu Linux 9.10. Guys if you can suggest few Notebooks.

I was planning for Toshiba Satellite L510-P401A. Anybody who is using it? How is the Graphics/ Sound Quality and Linux Compatibility??

Dell I haven't used and was confused between 1yr Limited Warranty and 1 yr Complete Cover options.

ACER and Comapq, I guess has display issues.

Also in Nehru Place if anybody knows a Multibranded Laptop Showroom which charges a reasonable rate and has variety of collections?

I am staying in Delhi, so I guess Service won't be an issue for any of the brands?

arnov said:
ACER and Compaq, I guess has display issues.

Nope, I can vouch for the display quality for an ACER lappy. In fact, among DELL, Lenovo, HP, Compaq and ACER laptops I've got my hands on, the ACER display was the most beautiful without any doubt.

You can get a ACER 5740 with i3 processor at around 31k with Win 7 HP. So w/o any OS, you may get it well within 30k. :) Same applies for a DELL Inspiron 14/15 but the price will be a bit higher.

Back