HELP: Choosing right programming language

Data in word format <- u mean profile details, contact details, etc is in word format ?

if .Net is being considered, then
to have a look and feel like the screens u have posted, you need to use Windows Presentation Foundation in your code. If u r comfortable with VB, then use VB.Net for coding.
XML file can be used instead of Access DB, but note that its a flat file, and it will not provide advantages that a DB can provide. (although I dont consider Access as a great DB! its better than using XML)
All this is with the basis that u need a Windows Application and NOT a web site.

shotgun said:
Data in word format <- u mean profile details, contact details, etc is in word format ?

Someone typed all the stuff into a doc file after collecting it. its raw. Thats what i meant.

shotgun said:
All this is with the basis that u need a Windows Application and NOT a web site.

Yup Windows application is the need.

Me jus gonna do a bit of research on all said here. Lets see.

Java seems a lot complex to pick up, just a feeling. So thinking of going with the MS offerings.

:eek:fftopic: Of VB .net and C# which would add more advantage if I was to add it on my resume. I was thinking since it is a learning process why not master it this time around.

What u need to master is da .net f/w. the lingua's are just some tools to ahieve what you want. for decent sytactical understandability though c# ftw.

jobinjv said:
Java seems a lot complex to pick up, just a feeling. So thinking of going with the MS offerings.

:eek:fftopic: Of VB .net and C# which would add more advantage if I was to add it on my resume. I was thinking since it is a learning process why not master it this time around.

Java or C#, syntax wise both are kind of similar. you need to know what features are provided by built-in libraries in both languages.

As far as resume's go, i think I Prefer guys who "know" the stuff that they put in their own resume's :cool2:

Language wise, I prefer C#, but in general, i dont think it makes any difference as such to be put up on resume.

Back