Help for J2ME Project

Hi all!

It's final year..and the project better be good. So Im thinking of finally doing something "myself"(=not borrowing).
Can u guys suggest me resources/ideas for a j2me project? Since im willing to work hard this time...the idea can be as innovative as u can think. :)

What about a J2ME Skype client? Skype recently announced the API to public. So the target is worldwide mobile to mobile calls free of charge. (Yes GPRS fees appicable). Iam not in to J2ME so i cannot do it now. Hope somebody else wiil be more interested in it.

Dude! This is great. Exactly wot i wanted. But the problem is....i cant' find d API(specs) anywhere ( on Skype homepage or other)....
Where did u find this?

Google certainly isnt friendly to me :). I tried a lot before asking. Anyways....it turns out that there are no publically released API for J2me/Symbian(c++).
So instead i have decide to work on something related to bluetooth connectivity( to pc). Any innovative ideas?

Well, bluetooth is rather limited...

U have to realize that bluetooth is a standard, but one with minimal opportunities to extend... unlike say WiFi, which after all is a member of the 802.x family.

Wifi has a lot of projects in security, various extensions for changing the protocol to better support voice etc...

I don't know whether u can do that with bluetooth...

There are possibly a few neat things that u can do by hooking up two computers via bluetooth, but the first question any project examiner will ask is, "Isn't that a dumb idea? Bluetooth is weak". The simple fact is bluetooth, never took off, and now is used for what is actually capable of - connecting phones, speakers etc to the PC (and each other) over short distances.

But the thing is.... my fone has Bluetooth(only)...and i think WiFi is still not available in fones in India yet ( ie the N90 series). Anyways..i'm not going to purchase another mobile for the project's sake :)
Since we are still bent on J2ME...i think....anything major we would do...has to incorporate bluetooth in one or another way. Not much fun in designing a fone-limited application. We hav to include connectivity.

One idea that has been in my mind >>>>
A chat server that runs on my fone( desined in j2me). Now any computer with bluetooth connectivity in vicinity can join in the server and chat among themselves?All chat routed thru the server only. The chat client that runs on computers can be designed in j2se.
Too far fetched or possible?

should be possible, but remember, ur phone will probably be stressed out if u use a client server approach.

Better approach, do the same as above, but make it some sort of peer to peer thing (like Skype)

KingKrool said:
I have no idea whether this is of use, but try this: http://m-tribe.com/beta/index.asp

Hi To all!
I m in the process of making a software wherein u can do STOCK trading using Mobiles..
I m using J2ME as the Front - End, Java Servlets for the Back-End And MY-SQL for the Databases.
If someone has an idea / suggestion how to go about this, please help me in the process..
Also, if possible suggest me some good tutorials for Java Servlets & J2ME..

Thanks.

Back