help in identifying real or fake galaxy s3?

techno_guy

Skilled
guys any way to distinguish a original s3 from a fake one
I am getting just 38XX scores in antutu benchmarks while its supposed to be 14-15k+
and its is also showing unknown device in antutu app
also it is not getting connected to pc via kies and its showing mt65XX android phone in windows hardware devices​

Go into System Information in Antutu and check whether the specs are same as I9300 (I assume you're using an international version).

I had bought this phone from a friend who told me that I have got 5 S3 from who bought dubai for 20k each. So I thought there may be price difference and bought one
the thing is it looked absolutely same from outside . In system info i think there was some tweak so that the model no appeared to be I9300 and IMEI no showed that of S3 on global IMEI check site . But I discovered that it was fake when I suspected as middle button did not look like S3 so I downloaded various apps to get hardware info where it revealed that its processor is 1 core and resolution is just 800*400 . On connected to pc its driver was not installed and it showed mt65XX android
The antutu app was pre installed and I believed it must also be tweaked to show wrong hardware info. even in play store it was showing I9300
I immediately took the phone to samsung service center and the guy there immediately told this is not S3 . When I asked him how he showed me that behind the back pannel that the placement of sim card and sd card is completely different and IMEI sticker is fake behind the battery
My exams were going on so I immediately returned the fone to my friend
A word of caution- please check especially when buying S3 without bill . you may feel its cheaper but it might be rip off fake HDC S3 which would cost hardly 5-6k

me too was getting one from my friend .. though he had clearly mentioned that its a fake one ... was giving me the same for 5k :p ... looks exactly like the real ones .. also has the Samsung flip cover ... I'll have to check if he still has it and take the pics etc

me too was getting one from my friend .. though he had clearly mentioned that its a fake one ... was giving me the same for 5k :p ... looks exactly like the real ones .. also has the Samsung flip cover ... I'll have to check if he still has it and take the pics etc
What about the operational details of these fakes? What OS do they have ? Do they last ? What is the actual hardware inside them?

no idea about all that .. just had a look .. he was in a hurry so could not get more info out of it ... everything looked the same if not looked out properly .. though people who do have an idea about smartphones could make out its a fake as the display + build quality looked too weak

no friend himself got fooled by the person from whom he had bought the piece[DOUBLEPOST=1366201725][/DOUBLEPOST]
What about the operational details of these fakes? What OS do they have ? Do they last ? What is the actual hardware inside them?
hardware was - 4.7" 800*400 resolution display
processor - mt6575 processor 1 ghz single core
512 mb ram and rom and android 4.1.9

no friend himself got fooled by the person from whom he had bought the piece[DOUBLEPOST=1366201725][/DOUBLEPOST]
hardware was - 4.7" 800*400 resolution display
processor - mt6575 processor 1 ghz single core
512 mb ram and rom and android 4.1.9
Seems ok for 5k, - 20k I guess your friend got gypped big time.

Back