Help !! Java or .Net

Hey guys ,
I recently completed by B.Tech in ECE and am thnking of doing a programming course.
I am well versed in C,C++ and HTML.
Can u suggest which course should i go for b/w java and .net.
Also, can u suggest the best institute in delhi for the same.

Thnx....

There are abundant Java and .net programmers in industry. You are better off with something like PHP , server or database related work. Much more scope.

Also, try to avoid any institutes. You can easily learn via youtube or tutorials on internet. These institutes just make a fool out of you. They won't teach much and you'll be unsatisfied with their inputs.

If you want to learn programming as a hobby i would strongly recommend Python simply because it is easier to code than both the languages mentioned. In fact most of the products you have used started off as python projects example: Instagram, facebook, dropbox etc.

Between Java and .Net i would choose. Java simply because more companies use Java than .NET.

And as the person above me said you should learn the languages through self study. Institutes are a waste of time and money.Programming is learnt by doing.
There are many excellent free resources on the internet to learn programming languages, use them.

Really ? I am just shocked to meet a guy who is well versed in C, C++ and HTML :O
Lol @avi stop messing with the kid.
@OP Joke aside, avi is serious.

.Net/Java are just some of the options available. I'd recommend you get comfortable with coding first. Codeacademy is a good place to start. Once you are conversant then pick a platform of your choice and build skills. Creating something interesting is always a good place to start asa you'd learn a lot along the way which no coaching class would ever be able to teach you.

Language is a medium; what is your objective? If it is to get a job than the answer will be different than to do a particular type of software. Considering you just passed your UG; I'll assume its for job.

Now if you are well versed in C, C++, you surly would be able to do C# or Java on your own. Just have a look on basic syntax. Than a good approach would be to take a task and try to do that; in doing so you will find what language is more suitable and for what and what specific feature you'll be needing of that language(instead of learning every feature in the book).

Good Luck.

You are well versed in C, C++ and HTML and you want to know which is better Java or .NET?

What does your total experience in C, C++ and HTML revolve around - building websites (or) applications based on multi-tier architectures? Since you mentioned an interest in picking up either .NET or Java, do you know either T-SQL or PL-SQL programming?

Back