Budget 21-30k Help me decide components for my number crunching PC

DeinArsch

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • little more than 30K but flexible (read full post)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • 3rd gen i5 based laptop
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • keyboard and mouse - k230 and G402
    • Monitor - will probably use Sony 22 inch FHD TV, is this a good idea? If I use it I can probably accommodate a GPU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - G4560?
    • Motherboard - H110 based if I don't need to flash bios with other CPU or b250
    • GPU - nVidia only... can I fit 1050?
    • PSU - VP450p?
    • 8 GB 2400mhz ram from ___ ?
    • 1 TB WD hdd
    • Any good looking cabinet, I am a designer by profession, shitty iball cabinets boil my blood.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• If I can't get GPU now, I will add one in future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai, lamington road
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • NO
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Machine learning using tenserflow, scikit learn, pandas, a lot of data analysis (I know my budget is not enough for the kinda work I want to do but.. :/ )
    • Data analysis in R
    • Kodi
    • Usual desktop computer stuff that people do
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Graphics card must be nvidia only. Not because I am a fanboy, it's because of CUDA. The main purpose of this machine is to crunch data using libraries that rely on CUDA.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • TF2 and Civ V... very rarely though.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080p
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with latest kernel for kaby lake support.

Silent and low power operation is desirable, however at this budget I am ready to make compromises.

Back