Graphic Cards Help me pick a GPU please

Hey guys,

I am building my first system, my parents finally allowed me to get one and I have 3 years of my savings to blow :D..
This is the list of products that I am planning to buy so far:

MoBo: MSI Z170a Krait Gaming Motherboard
CPU: i7 6700K
RAM: 16GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR4
CPU Cooler: H100i
Cabinet: Circle Stealth Full Tower Cabinet
PSU: Corsair RM1000

The thing I need help with is the GPU.. Now, I have narrowed down to ZOtac, either a 970 or 980. What I need help with is choosing which one I should go for. They have so many OC editions, should I just go for the 980 Amp! Extreme or go for the 970 one? I plan to game at 1440p and want a card that will last me the next two years at least.

Please help. I can go 10K over the mentioned budget of 50K. Also, i want to go for Zotac because I found out that they have the best warranty plan here in India. ANy help would be really awesome.

Thanks guys :)

I can go

970 is way more reasonably priced than 980. Once overclocked, you'll hit 980 performance anyway. The 980 is only worth it if you get a deal not at full retail. If you wish to spend more, get a 980 ti.

There is one unused 970 on sale in the forums. Maybe you can negotiate a bit and pick that one up.

What monitor are you going to use? For that sort of money you really want some variable refresh goodness in there.

What monitor are you going to use? For that sort of money you really want some variable refresh goodness in there.

Getting the BenQ Xl2420Z. Going to be playing at 1080p, 144Hz smooth. Will upgrade to a 2K display. Most likely the BenQ Xl2730Z in early feb. Then will prefer playing at 2k 144Hz.[DOUBLEPOST=1446225784][/DOUBLEPOST]
but dude, that chassis ?

I took a look at it. Pretty solid IMO. Got decent airflow and isn't too expensive. It's because I cheaped out on the chasis that I can splurge on the card. Besides the PCs is going to be in a reasonably cold room where the AC runs the whole day, and there is little to no dust. So no point for me going for an uber expensive case.[DOUBLEPOST=1446225867][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'll see man, if I can get some extra cash together i'll definitely go for the NZXT case.

You would really want to consider getting a monitor explicitly stating support for G-sync if you're buying Nvidia or Freesync if you're buying AMD.

Back