Camera Help Me Purchase A 5 Megapixel Camera

voicelanka

Recruit
Hi...:hap2:

I would like to purchase a 5 Mega Pixel camera... first of all, differentiate the digital and optical zoom, features and benefits. Which camera I ought go for.... I search for cheap but better quality. Suggest. :D

thanks.

with regards,
S. Murali. :hap5:

Hi Murali

Please post your queries in the respective section.

Mods please move this query to the "Portable Zone Section"

Also if you go through various posts in the Portable Zone Section there
are many posts related to Digital Cam's.

The Difference between Digital and Optical Zoom is.
Digital Zoom involves software based zooming and the image processing is
done by the Chip which the camera carries whereas in Optical Zoom uses
real lenses to zoom the image and is much clearer than digital zoom.

Optical Zoom is much better than Digital Zoom.
Todays Modern Digi Cams have a combination of both.

Regarding suggestions for camera i aint good at it.
But Cameras from Sony , Nikon & Cannon are really good for the 5 MegaPixel
Range which you are looking for.

Digital and Optical Zoom is well explained by Quad Master.

The main difference - Digital Zoom tries to re-create data that isnt there through interpolation, Optical Zoom actually does zoom in on your subject.

Simply put, "Digital Zoom" can be done even on your PC. Whereas Optical Zoom is entirely dependant on your camera.

First and Foremost, specify your Budget ! Only then can we recommend something :)

how is sony cybershot whose ads hits tv this days????its 5 mega pixel camera and cost ard 9-11k...which i guess is much less than canon....i guess....

personally, i have a canon powershot a85 cam. very good if you ask me. i got it, a 128mb card, and 4 rechargable batteries all for 16.9k, arnd may this year.

but as others have said, it all depends on the budget

i have a canon supershot s60 , 5.1 megapixel .u dont get them in india but i just htought ill comment anyway....

Although i noticed that when taking normal distance pics ,it dont really make a differece what pixel it is ,but heres a photo my aunt took from Canada ;)

thisss when u make out the difference of the 5.0 league of camera's :) btw the video clarity also is damn gud (which is quite obvious ) but the donwside is that after shooting with a 5.0+ cam ,u want want to go down and will start noticing the inferiority pretty soon of the 'otehr cameras'...muhuhuhaa :p

magnet said:
how is sony cybershot whose ads hits tv this days????its 5 mega pixel camera and cost ard 9-11k...which i guess is much less than canon....i guess....
Hehe Magnet, the one you see in the AD costs 26k :p

The range starts from 9-11k which are 4.1MP camera's.

I have a Cybershot W1 for which I paid 20k. I belive the W5 is now launched at the same price, though you can get it a lot cheaper if you know from where to buy ;)

lol i knew there is something fishy....becoz in ads u can clearly c the camera having Carl Zeiss optics (i hope i m writting the correct word...saw the ad only once-2 times)written on it which is on n series nokia...which r damn xpensive than how come this stuff damn cheap 9-11k....

Bosy you are partially correct... MP only comes in count when you are talking printouts more then A4 size... A 3MP is a good enough camera for a4 size printouts... Also a Canon S1 IS is a 3MP camera but if you will ask any pro he would recommend that camera over any other 5MP camers including the likes of PS a95 or a Cybetshot t200 which by the way is a 7MP camera if i am not mistaken...

Camera decisions basically depends of few factors... The main aim is to know the basic use of the camera... If you want to buy something for travelling then a small camera would be advisible(The Nokia 4600/5600 series)... If you want to learn photograhy then a canon PS A85/A95 is recommended... If you are a bit serious photographer then something like the S1 IS/S2 IS is recommended... And the top of the lines are ofcourse the DSLR's...

It basically boils down to usage and budget... If you just want to click some random photographs then Nokia 4600/5600 is your best be... If you want become a pro then A95 is a good option... Has 3MP optical zoom with quite a lot of Manual features... Another good camera is Fuji Finepix S5500... got 10x optical zoom which is quite a bit... If you want something more exciting then try getting your hands ona canon S2 IS... one hell of a camera...

Before asking me for prices visit jjmehta.com... Also PM easy as he is quite good when it comes to photography... Masky,Bluedimond,Inzidor,medpal are some of the others members who will help you a lot...

err no Switch, the S1IS is a complete POS. Personally, the best Canon camera I've ever gotten my hands on was the S70. Picture quality was absolutely outstanding. The S2IS is nothing grand either, it's pretty much an S1IS save the 12x optical zoom and a 5MP CCD. In general, you can expect Canon's S series perform really well.

Back