Help Me to be Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnandu

Skilled
Well, I know this is going to be another lol or :rofl: thread but still I'm blank and don't know what steps should I follow...One more thing, this thread may get a little bit long, but please read if you have time and help me out...

Don't know whether should I posted this in http://www.techenclave.com/general-talk/the-personal-hygiene-thread-184246.html but then again I thought I need much more suggestions than just Hygiene...

@Mods, please merge if you think so.

Here's is the case history...

Never thought of being that type of trendy guy or smart guy....but then again I think I became the local geek whom others ask for gadgets recommendations(I take help of TE and other reviews though :p), the person whom people calls when virus attacks are there on their PC's or their PC's start behaving abnormally. Then I realize I missed many important parts on my life. I get confused or ashamed when waiters in restaurants asks me something in english and I can't even hear what they say, afraid of being to some newer place when I'm not with my friends.

I even feel everyone is looking at me when I wait for friends in some place when they are late. And the list is too long...

What I want to be...

Physical Makeover :

First of all dresses...I can't even wear dresses with matching colours, don't have any taste...and end up choosing non trendy boring dresses. So I need some shirts both formal and informal and some pants both formal and informal for office and casual...

Secondly, some shoes same here both formal and informal.

One criteria for both shoes and shirts...they must be trendy....

Need an appointment with a dentist, as I get black spots on my teeth, as I'm a chain smoker.

Personal Makeover:

Well, I don't know where to do here..?? I know English, I'm from English medium school, I can understand...but can't speak...I mean I get nervous while speaking and can't remember the actual words when speaking, but in case of writing it's ok I guess...what say?? :p

Some of my friends suggested to listen english music, watch english movies...but I get headache while listening to them...I don't like rock or metal ones. But I liked Oozy, GnR, Pink Floyd, Bryan Adams, Green Day etc. But in case of english movies I don't understand any word and end up watching them with subtitles.

Now some imp. things that I think are, walking style, confidence(don't know about what type of confidence), speaking style...etc.

The main thing is, being a 24x7 online guy, I don't have that much friends in real life, and end up being online and satisfy every needs from online. So I'm at my home most of the times, didn't like sports, so never played cricket, or football or so. Now the life is just come to office and then go back to home and online again....

Well, asked some of my neighbours to help me with the dresses, they suggested Fancy Market and said they will help me. But I'm too shy to ask about the 2nd part internal makeover.

So along with trolling if some of you please give me some tips that can help me for being smart, I'll be really grateful. I just want to be the someone you know who's smart, trendy, and girls like them(ghas dalte hain) :p

Well, let the troll begin :eek:hyeah:

^^I know...but for that I need to do all the things I mentioned above...and for that I need suggestions..!! :D

Actually that's the main reason for being smart :p

okay... a suggestion. Quit smoking.... it ain't cool << not chain smoking anyways >>

Will come up with more suggestions soon...

To others : I hope this doesn't become a lol thread... serious issue = serious replies.

Alright so my first question to you would be,

1) Do you have the capital? Are you willing to shell out some money for a complete overhaul? If yes then read on.

Wake up early in the morning and head to the nearest gym or park and start working out, chances are you will meet people who you dont know in your neighbourhood.

This alone should build up some level of confidence and keep that unhealthy lifestyle out for a bit.

Stop smoking, easier said than done, but the effort has to be made if you want a better lifestyle.

Next head to the nearest doctor and get your health checked up.

Now once you have your mornings set, the day becomes easier.

Once you are back from the workout, do your stuff and head to work and once you are back, relax, read the newspaper or watch the news, heading to the online world only takes you so far.

Once you are done watching tv, go out try and meet your friends once a week or more. watch movies and there are tons of other things you can do with your time. The possibilities are almost endless.. (of course your pocket might run out before you can do everything :p)

Once you are sort of well established in the friends circle you could probably be introduced to your friends friend who could be a girl. (its true..lol)

There is nothing wrong with your taste of music, but try to explore different bands once in a while, youll be plesantly surprised at the stuff thats out there.

If you are bored with your outfits, and since you are online most of the time.. check out a few websites... adidas/reebok/puma etc, their photoshoots can give you some decent suggestions about color and choice.

Just my 2 cents.. cheers!

Ps: I feel language isnt a problem, lack of alertness and confidence might be the issue, sometimes having a good friend push you to do things and gain confidence helps.

if language is your concern then just try to understand movies without caring for the context. Thats how babies learn and mind you, they learn language faster than one can at coaching classes.

dont really care for cloths, they are for covering your privates and deluding others if you dont have any abilities. You can choose which you care to be.

don't fall for what's cool, people can get faggy if the fag becomes the new cool...

watch south park and screw the world :lol:

and dont do drugs, they are costly!!

krishnandu said:
^^I know...but for that I need to do all the things I mentioned above...and for that I need suggestions..!! :D

Actually that's the main reason for being smart :p
Well, your theory is flawed... :(

If your GF cannot appreciate you the way you are, she doesn't really love you... So, if you want to change to get a GF, there is absolutely no point.

I have a girlfriend. My first and only one since F.Y.J.C. (6 years now)... And she accepts me with my good and bad points... Though she'll not approve of me smoking/drinking... That too is only coz she cares about me. :)

Now, if you voluntarily change for your love, it is a different issue. If your love wants to change you, it is not love... It is a master-slave relationship. :mad:

Welcome to TECHENCLAVE, we provide all kinds of services !

On a second note we should change it to, "everything matters here" instead of, "grey matters here".

What say?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

@ OP: What is your age BTW?? And since when have you been a Chain Smoker??

Don't u think u should worry a bit more about your Lungs than your Teeth??

avi said:
Post pic or it never happened :S

Lol... U seriously think I will fall for that...?? :lol:

@ avi: Has your post count reduced or what?? How come u have only 290 Posts?? Wasn't that figure in excess of 1k?? Or was it sumone else?? :S

Chain smoker at such a young age...?? :O Its very very bad for your health, but I guess you know that already. As a dentist, I should advise you to quit smoking at the earliest. I see the effects of smoking on a day to day basis, and let me assure you, it doesn't look good once you start showing the adverse effects of this habit.

BTW, I had to :rofl: when I saw that someone suggested you to listen to ENglish music for better English. Movies work better. But what I feel is that it is more of a self-confidence issue rather than an issue with language. THere is no reason why you shouldn't be able to speak fluently, when you are able to write fluently.

ANd yeah, as mentioned above, friends go a lot way in helping you with these issues. It's just that you need the right type of friends who can help you out rather than make a mockery of you.

Hmm... After reading OP thread, cant really find some good suggestion coz its bit similar to me in case of clothing,style...

I would just ask you to quit smoking, save yourself, save others:)

nehaladsul said:
Well, your theory is flawed... :(

If your GF cannot appreciate you the way you are, she doesn't really love you... So, if you want to change to get a GF, there is absolutely no point.

I have a girlfriend. My first and only one since F.Y.J.C. (6 years now)... And she accepts me with my good and bad points... Though she'll not approve of me smoking/drinking... That too is only coz she cares about me. :)

Now, if you voluntarily change for your love, it is a different issue. If your love wants to change you, it is not love... It is a master-slave relationship. :mad:
He has to be presentable for someone to want get to know him... and he has to be ok with the way that he is first in order to become confident present himself to other people.

Him opening this thread states that he is not OK with how he is right now.

CA50 said:
Hmm... After reading OP thread, cant really find some good suggestion coz its bit similar to me in case of clothing,style...

Clothes don't matter re... As long as you are not going nude in public, that is... :lol:

As long as you can carry yourself well, no one will really try to get under your collar to check the brand of Shirt you are wearing...!!!

@ logistopath: I didn't know u were a dentist. :clap: So, we have 2 dentists on TE. frankmehta and logistopath... :clap:

+1 to No Smoking, your tooth will look good too, like this -> :D

@Neha - Nope dude, my post counts are fine :) [you must have confused or something]

madnav said:
her name is neha..
just like how it works in case of amandeep after day time...
Hahahahaha!! :rofl:

Make way everyone... the Troll King is here... :lol:

avi said:
@Neha - Nope dude, my post counts are fine :) [you must have confused or something]

Okk... I may have confused myself... So many people have started calling me Neha (after u & maddy started :mad:) that I have lost track of who is who... :lol:

nehaladsul said:
Clothes don't matter re... As long as you are not going nude in public, that is... :lol:

As long as you can carry yourself well, no one will really try to get under your collar to check the brand of Shirt you are wearing...!!!

@neha, i dont walk nude:p, its just that i don't have taste for anything. Usually puts on whatever i get:), about pants i wear formal, havn't tried jeans yet.
And like op, to colour matching and all:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back