Help Me to be Smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Got my answer..!! The best answer ever I think.

Thanks a lot :D

@Others Keep Trolling or Close the thread..!! Got my answer :D

nebnj.jpg

nehaladsul said:
Hmmm... I dunno... :S

I mean... I don't feel uncomfortable in either jeans or trousers... But I prefer jeans just coz I am so used to wearing jeans...

BTW, where did you get your Avatar done?? And why does it say CA50 was here...??

Thanks for that, i am thinking of adopting jeans:p
Made the avatar in Xara3D, and CA50 was here... means i visited this place, nothing else just making history :p

In my first job at Patni one of my "seniors" called me aside and told me to come to office wearing shoes, shirt tucked in and be more formal in general. Next day I went in hawai chappals; probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in my life.

chiron said:
In my first job at Patni one of my "seniors" called me aside and told me to come to office wearing shoes, shirt tucked in and be more formal in general. Next day I went in hawai chappals; probably one of the most satisfying things I've done in my life.
accept or not, he did affect you, reaction maybe negative or positive...but there surely was one... + you ended up looking disrespectful in the whole situation as per your narration.

It'll surely take a lot of time for you to sort out through the mess, but here are some things which I can think of -

1. Get out of the house in the morning and head to the gym. The best time to workout. Will keep you fresh all day. Talk with "real" people.

2. Find "real" people who are smarter and confident than you. In a good way, obviously. Try to be with them and pick up the good qualities you observe. It might be the way a person dresses, the way he talks etc. To be on the safe side, it would be better to take someone close to you (preferably family or very very close friend) and request them to observe you and give you tips. It really works.

3. Whenever someone makes fun of the way you talk, walk or dress, simply ignore it. If that doesn't work, tell yourself that you are given a list of things that you have to work on. Write them down and start working on them. Take it positively. Never be disheartened by a jerk who thinks he has the moral right of telling other people how to live.

4. Put down evenings of the week (on paper) when you are not going to access the internet. Make sure weekends are part of it. This works 100%.

5. Finally, don't be conscious about the way you walk, talk or dress. Think of the efforts you are making and keep a long term plan in mind. Please don't keep targets like 1 week or month. Keep the target as a year and see the difference.

Best of luck buddy. This is coming from a die-hard geek whose family had to literally drag him out of the house (almost every evening) till it worked! :)

after all this changes you want to go through with your life style, provided you already have a girl friend(s).

after a long time came across a thread like this, i think MOD's should start something called "THREAD OF THE DAY".

nehaladsul said:
Well here comes kauzy... :clap:

Now this thread will be done to death by Metalspree, madnav and kauzy...

After that, Gannu will step in and the 4 of them will go on for world domination... :lol:

As for me, I am just gonna go and grab some :food6: and :food2:

Hahahahaha!!! :D
nah.. i m fond of TB.. so keep me out of this thread.. :p

Regarding communicating in English, you can take inspiration from me. Till the time i got my first job, i was so poor talking in English. I couldn't even talk a couple of sentences without making a mess of it. Its not that i didn't know english, its just that till that point in my life, i hardly communicated to anyone in english, be it in school, college, friends etc.

Now, I can talk to foreign clients and even to a point of convincing them, can handle a big training with 100 people. (nothing to boast here)

So, communicating well in English is more of a practice and confidence. It also helps to improve your vocabulary by doing homework. Dont try to impress anyone with the way you talk. Most people in trying to do so, put fake accent and kill the sentences. It turns out rubbish.

Best way to start is reading 'The Hindu' newspaper - editorial section. Those lengthy boring articles. Read it loud and keep doing that.

Can you start a random conversation with any girl on the street/bus/train. Once you can do that you are gold.

OMG ... I have few similar probs !

#1: Cant talk with girls , I get scared :facepalm: ... Dont have a single friend whos a girl.
I just cant look into their eyes ! Friends do tease me sometimes saying "You are about to finish BE and still dont have a GF ! Shame on you :bleh: " n I reply " I'm waiting for the right person and right time :D Dont have time , money and maturity to handle a girl right now"

#2: Cant communicate socially in English, Similar story told by OP ... Did not even talk in the IIM GD due to lack of confidence :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back