Help My PC is possesed!!

SharekhaN

Skilled
So I thought, no big deal that my pc was having some issues. It used to hang and become unresponsive. I gave it some time. I had suspected that my motherboard was in a kind of zombie state.

You see, my PC had survived from a near death experience a year ago. It was nearly half submerged in water, and it had made a miraculous recovery to full functionality.

I never knew that this would happen tho.

So a year from that incident, my motherboard completely dies. I hunt for a new motherboard. So for testing purposes, Bikey loans me a mobo.

I put that in and it all is working fine....or is it????

Today, barely 24 hours from the placeholder motherboard install, my PC starts hanging and gives me a BSOD for my Nvidia card. So I clean the drivers and reinstall the latest one. And it hangs again.

But this time, something else happens. My PC starts making some noises heard from my stereo speakers. Note that nothing was on the screen when it froze, I dont know how these sounds were made, but god damn this was scary.

Dont believe me? Hear it yourself. I made a quick recording on my phone. Its still pretty audible.

SharekhaN's PC from Hell.amr

Give it a complete listen. Its around 2 minutes. its in *.amr format.

damn :S

Dude, ur living in a very haunted place. 1st it was ur milk & nw its ur PC. Stop scaring, man. :)

By the way what happened to your milk problenm??

Holy shit... that sound is freakish man. You should forward it to some japanese horror makers.They will make good use of it ..seriously its truly worldclass background score material.

Were you watching some movie or listening to some audio when your display got stuck ?

Speakers not connected- so cannot hear that sound

Can't say much from here, what else in your pc may be faulty too, apart from the seemingly dead mobo, but-

A crash with black screen and harsh/shrieky/scary noises seems typical of memory issues due to

- bad timings or too tight timings at rated speeds

- higher than possible OC, esp memory OC

- failing/dying RAM

- maybe improper/conflicting drivers

Please check your memory timings/speed.

RAM maybe running or trying t o run at 800Mhz instead of it's rated 667 speeds and may be incapable of doing so. :)

p.s. this thread should be in troubleshooting section with a proper title.

Something like- 'PC crashes- black screen and scary noise from speakers'.

That was the exact nature of the problem. It was running at 800 Mhz while its rated at 667. Have changed it now, hopefully, it shouldnt die on me now.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

p.s. this thread should be in troubleshooting section with a proper title.

Something like- 'PC crashes- black screen and scary noise from speakers'.

The objective of this thread is not for PC support but for people to hear that music file! :D

SharekhaN said:
Dont believe me? Hear it yourself. I made a quick recording on my phone. Its still pretty audible.

SharekhaN's PC from Hell.amr

Give it a complete listen. Its around 2 minutes. its in *.amr format.

damn :S

WHOA :O that sh#t is SCARY ! Ok, time to call in the ghost busters .... eh ..the case of the *trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrat* computer remains to be a mystery . Damn do computers makes such noises :( ?

LoL I got more curious and did some googling ...look what I ended up with :p http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/motherboards-bios-cpu/17749-possessed-pc.html

RMA it ...tell that some evil witch from the mobo maker resides in it ...it'll make for quite a show :p

SharekhaN said:
zombie state

Zombies ...? yes looks like it ..considering its 12 in the night

sunny27 said:
let's exorcise your pc!! sprinkle holy water to see if it reacts.
Instead he should take you pc to ganga and clean every component with its water. Clean the processor well ;)

Btw, can anyone with some sound skills make a track out of this for me? You know do it on a synth or something or is it asking too much :|

Back