Help needed in making college fest poster

i have made a poster for my college's fest. i used powerpoint so now i'm having the file in ppt, now as ppt have problems in printing, i converted it into pdf and then into jpeg..

but when i got the jpeg there were some dull effects.. you can look at the "FNORD 11" logo in the poster, the glowing effect has gone darker.. this is my first query. if anyone knows what needs to be done, he can help me out..

my second query is related to the border of the image, i want a very sleek line around the whole poster and some bordering white space too, just as we see in other posters, but i'm unable to figure it out. when i try to add a border in powerpoint, it doesn't show up in the pdf again..

plz help me.. it's urgent.. and i'd really appreciate your comments and suggestions..

Attachments

• page0001.jpg
    page0001.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 316
  • original_pdf.jpg
    original_pdf.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 296
Create a JPG without the FNORD '11.

Open it in photoshop.

Type FNORD '11 in the required font.

Give 'outer glow' to it.

Give border to the whole image.

Generate JPG or TIF as required.

That's how I would do it, as I have no knowledge on how to generate images from ppt effects. Let me know if you need my help.

OR

Just print screen when you're done in Powerpoint. Paste in paint, save as BMP (bitmap. Much better quality than JPG). Done! :p

Ya converting a ppt to pdf and then again jpg doesn't make any sense.

Better follow what sato1986 said, or design the whole thing in Photoshop. Or directly print from ppt(sorry, I don't know what type of problem you are facing while printing from ppt)

thanx for your help sato1986, i'm gonna try the method you mentioned now..

@krishnandu, while printing from ppt, it doesn't show the full image while taking a print preview, i googled it and there are several probs when printing from ppt and so people convert it to pdf which conserve the design as well.

PS: i'll be printing it on A3 sheet

Back