Windows Help! PC not booting

singenaadam

Skilled
I had 2x1TB Seagate HDDs installed. Both of them are 4-5 yr old. The one with OS is gone. Sputters but doesn't work.
Ordered a Samsung 750evo 250GB.
Installed the Windows 7 everything was OK. Installed all reqd software too. Did error check on the previous 1TB HDD with Win7.

Problem is the PC is not restarting. It gets stuck in 2 states
(1) The old 1TB HDD congress play and Windows startup repair starts by itself and never ends, as the HDD is not OK
(2) I disconnected all the drivers. Kept only the SSD and DVD drive. Select the SSD as boot option.
Error message says "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press a key'

SATA mode - tried both IDE and AHCI

None are working.

Pl help!

Did you have other drives connected when doing the new install? Maybe bootloader went to the older HDD hence not booting when only SSD is connected.

Try boot repair with only SSD connected or just reinstall with only the SSD connected.

Bootloader issue it seems. I had to reinstall windows in one such instance when I was installing OS on a friend's laptop, as boot repair failed.

OS in question was Windows 10 though.

Don't know what really happened. But, it started working by itself :(

Have been assembling & installing stuff myself for many years - never had an issue. Thanks for your time & replies!

Back