Help planning an animation competition

Speedz

Adept
Hey guys we are planning to have an inter college animation competition at our college, but none of us have an idea regarding the logistics or how to actually carry it out.The major hurdle is the software licensing.

We need about 10-20 licenses for adobe cs4 standard edition perhaps, which can be later used for in college work as well, but the costing would be pretty high. Is there any alternative? Can we use trial editions of the software? Can we tie up with adobe for the same.

I am located in Pune, so if anyone has any advice or idea regarding the above issues, please help me out.

if you are planning to use the licence later then you can purchase the educational licences. they are way cheaper than the retail licence prices.

talk to 1 of the distributors over there in pune & they will guide you exactly how to carry on. if you need their contact info then let me know.

lastly i fail to understand how you are going to use photoshop for animation.

you cannot save work with trial edition of adobe software. previously macromedia used to allow saving files in 30 days trial, but now adobe does not allow saving in trial mode.

alternative will be to try to buy educational volume license from adobe. but for just 1 competition it is a huge loss.

Back