CPU/Mobo Help? Processor Fan Spin for while & Stop?

Emperor

Skilled
Dear Friends,

This is my Nephew system.

Intel i3 - 4th Generation with ASUS Board. + 8 GB RAM (4GB x 2), 1 HDD, 1 DVD Writer, 2 FAN, Antec VP500PC PSU

He just clean dust from cabinet. (doing same since last 2-3 years, every Diwali)

Remove all dust from processor fan and other parts of system,

Apply thermal paste to processor and fix the Fan.

Now since, processor FAN spin for few seconds & keep restart.

Monitor showing No Signal message.

Motherboard led keep glowing.

Removed all fan + Disconnect DVD Writer + inter change ram in four onboard ram slot...but no success.

Also removed BOTH RAM Stick but no beep sound from system/board?

Can any one please help to get system work?

Thank you

Hi, already checked with other PSU but same issue
Then dis-assemble everything just connect the motherboard along with RAM to the PSU and see what happens, whether it boots or not
If 3 beeps come then RAM is the issue
Because in the motherboard manual troubleshooting guide will be there
check it once

Then dis-assemble everything just connect the motherboard along with RAM to the PSU and see what happens, whether it boots or not
If 3 beeps come then RAM is the issue
Because in the motherboard manual troubleshooting guide will be there
check it once

BOTH Ram stick checked with other system and it's working ok.

CPU Socket on Motherboard have 2 broken pin....

is it repairable or shall go for new Board?

If non repairable than any suggestion for cheap motherboard?

Thank you for help
Post automatically merged:

@bssunilreddy

any ulternate cheap (good build) motherboard suggestion, please

Last edited:
I had a same problem with my computer. The PC fan would start a spin and then stop or just dont spin at all.
For some time the PC wont boot with all components, so I removed a GPU and 2 ram sticks, and it operated for some months. Later it totally stopped.

I got each component checked separately (CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU) and every thing was fine. Narrowed down to the fact that motherboard is faulty. My (personal) theory was that it failed in supplying proper current with time as the death of mobo was incremental.
Could be a similar case for you.

PS:Google about the various beep test to find how to do it and what different beep counts mean.

I had a same problem with my computer. The PC fan would start a spin and then stop or just dont spin at all.
For some time the PC wont boot with all components, so I removed a GPU and 2 ram sticks, and it operated for some months. Later it totally stopped.

I got each component checked separately (CPU, RAM, PSU, GPU) and every thing was fine. Narrowed down to the fact that motherboard is faulty. My (personal) theory was that it failed in supplying proper current with time as the death of mobo was incremental.
Could be a similar case for you.

PS:Google about the various beep test to find how to do it and what different beep counts mean.
Yes Motherboard pin broke down...

I found that ASUS board quality is very cheap compare to Intel Made Board and now Gigabyte Board

My old motherboard of AM1 socket is giving similar problem. I am not able to find it online. Can you please suggest where can i get it? Model is GIGABYTE AM1M-S2H. Let me know if anyone willing to sell in mumbai.

Back