Help reqd. need to transfer money to a frnd to LONDON

vikas049

Disciple
Hi All,

I need to transfer roughly about 110 GBP to a frnd in LONDON....Have tried Western Union Money Transfer...they said they only receive money in India and don't send..one side agents...few agents were ready and were charging 12 - 14% interest...any other safer and cheaper way of sending funds...Do let me know

Re: Help reqd. need to transfer money t oa frnd to LONDON

Does your friend have a UK bank account? If so, you can go to your bank and fill out an outward remittance form.

+1 to what Amaresh said.. my parents did swift transfers to my account..

But I think wire transfers will be expensive. When I last checked with ICICI they were charging about 1k (All charges paid by sender) for outgoing wire transfers. Since the amount is only 110 GBP this will come to a significant %.

You can try PayPal, the fee will be about 4% only and your friend can withdraw to his UK bank account directly.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Try Hawala... pretty cheap from what I have read in newspapers..:p joking.

See if anyones flying to UK, send cash, 110 GBP isnt exactly a huge amount. or HDFC. Even check with your banker, I guess every bank provides remittance services. PSU banks are pretty cheap, if you have account with them.

Use MassPay on Paypal. Your net charges (PayPal) won't cross $1.

Takes 5 minues for your friend to open a Paypal account if he doesn't have one already.

You can use your credit card to send the funds to him. Your credit card company will charge you about 2.5 - 3.5% on the total transaction.

Cheapest and easiest way to do it.

^ MassPay can be used only if you have a PayPal balance. You cannot make a Mass payment with the funding source as your credit card.

In case of credit card payments the fee is 3.9% plus 0.2 GBP.

Back