Help required from fellow mumbaians :)

smnrock

Skilled
Hi guys,

My nephew is studying in TS Rahman training institute, nhava village, panvel (campus). Now he wants a laptop and im planning to buy it from letsbuy.com, but im not sure whether they will deliver over there. On top that we want to spend around 15K for the laptop, since for him its just for internet browsing and some document editing. So i decided to get this C600-P4011 from letsbuy, but unfortunately this doesn't have any operating system installed. So i want some one from mumbai help me to setup this laptop and handover my nephew in his college or hostel premises. If any one interested in doing me this favour, then i can order this laptop from letsbuy and give your address. Once it delivered to you, you can install the OS, other softwares and then handover the laptop to him. Please some one can help me? And if required im ready to pay some service charges, Thanks! :)

Every sunday is holiday at TS Rahman. On sunday,ask him to buy the software and install OS&shit. Most couriers deliver in that area.

mark his name in c/o the principal,tsrahman,blah. blah. blah...

Dont take the risk mate .

If you are buying the laptop and at someones address he might take and run :D . No offence meant .

Then i would suggest, deliver to urself, u install and courier via blue dart or dtdc. u can try other couriers but they might delay the delivery. And yes, as laptop will be heavy. Its gonna be atleast 1-1.5k rs for courier.

Or maybe ask him to buy locally (there is nothing in local, not even a bloody paan shop :p)

he will have to go to kharghar, and buy the laptop there. Most retailers will sell basic models. ask him to buy the cheapest :p

instead of sending it to someone here why dont u send it to him and ask him to get it along with him to someones place where the installation can be done :)

@OP Get it delivered to your nephew only. I am sure some of his batchmates will be download junkies and can help him out with the OS installation. Or maybe you can courier the installation disks to your nephew. Avoid the risk of sending the laptop to a member's place.

Guys, Thanks for the suggestions.

The reason for asking assistance, just last week he joined there and this is the first time he went outside Tamilnadu. He is doesn't know hindi too and top of that, his hostel management don't allow them to go out unless some local guardian picks up!

Sent from my Desire HD

I would have liked to help but Nhava is too far away from my place... So delivery is not an option. Had it been a pickup, I would have surely helped! :(

Better ask someone from Navi Mumbai to help you out.

:)

I just wonder if the kid does not knows to install software what is he gonna do after all

If you want we can help, Send it to our Office address on the home page of our site we can install the OS and get the same delivered to him will charge a fee for the same PM us exactly what all u want us to do

dinjo said:
I just wonder if the kid does not knows to install software what is he gonna do after all
Hmm, don't you think this is too much :), how many people who are casual system users has knowledge of OS installation and other stuff?

Sent from my Desire HD

dinjo said:

LAME statement,it seems you knew OS installation by birth.

@smnrock: Did you contact Theitwares? if not then PM him.

TheITWares said:
If you want we can help, Send it to our Office address on the home page of our site we can install the OS and get the same delivered to him will charge a fee for the same PM us exactly what all u want us to do
Thank you so much rahul, everything went smooth :)

Back