Help to setup an Autobuy script for amazon.in for price drops below a certain price

Looks like a very crude screen scraper. Not a python programmer but I am going to take a guess.

The line

js_test = soup.find('span', id ='priceblock_ourprice')

scans the HTML source and picks out the following snippet

<span id="priceblock_ourprice" class="a-size-medium a-color-price priceBlockBuyingPriceString">₹ 2,312.00</span>

Could it work? I guess yes. It won't autobuy but you can use it to create a price alert.

I had tried writing an Amazon price tracker long ago. IIRC, while the APIs they provide (for amazon Associates) can fetch the main price, they make it specially hard to get used pricing.

If you can program and have some time, write something better than this :)

I sue camelcamelcamel.com for amazon.com. I am sure there are price tracking sites for amazon.in. I doubt any site implements autobuy. Not sure how they will handle payments.

Last edited:
Looks like a very crude screen scraper. Not a python programmer but I am going to take a guess.

The line

js_test = soup.find('span', id ='priceblock_ourprice')

scans the HTML source and picks out the following snippet

<span id="priceblock_ourprice" class="a-size-medium a-color-price priceBlockBuyingPriceString">₹ 2,312.00</span>

Could it work? I guess yes. It won't autobuy but you can use it to create a price alert.

I had tried writing an Amazon price tracker long ago. IIRC, while the APIs they provide (for amazon Associates) can fetch the main price, they make it specially hard to get used pricing.

If you can program and have some time, write something better than this :)

I sue camelcamelcamel.com for amazon.com. I am sure there are price tracking sites for amazon.in. I doubt any site implements autobuy. Not sure how they will handle payments.
COD would do...as I am looking only for loot deals

Back