Help Unbricking my Nexus S.

vinaycm

Adept
I've just tried rooting my Nexus S using the instructions from this website. I've unlocked the bootloader, installed clockwork recovery & rootboot.img. But when i rebooted the phone as it was asked to be done in the instructions, my phone just wouldn't boot!! Its stuck in the Google logo (with the padlock symbol in the bottom)..

Iam still able to get into the fastboot mode & into the clockwork recovery. I've tried wiping the cache, dalvik cache etc, but of no use. The phone is still not booting up.

Now iam really nervous.. Please help me unbricking my phone..

Your phone is not bricked, its stuck in a boot loop due incorrect flash. Do the following: in clockwork recovery go to advanced-->mounts-->usb mount. Then connect your phone to the PC. Copy the ROM image on the root of the SD card & unmount. reboot into recovery and follow the on-screen instructions. Should work but as you know with rooting & flashing , nothing is certain

devvfata1ity said:
Your phone is not bricked, its stuck in a boot loop due incorrect flash. Do the following: in clockwork recovery go to advanced-->mounts-->usb mount. Then connect your phone to the PC. Copy the ROM image on the root of the SD card & unmount. reboot into recovery and follow the on-screen instructions. Should work but as you know with rooting & flashing , nothing is certain
Please let me know which ROM image is that.

I've downloaded a stock nandroid copy that will revert the phone back to stock, but it needs the files to be copied to the phone's internal memory which i cannot acces..

Pat said:
^^You should be able to access the internalsd using CWM recovery!
Not able to find where the option is. There is an option to mount it, but how to access it?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Things ended up with an unexpected twist.. I've tried out almost everything possible & none worked.. Out of frustration i've flashed the stock rom with MIUI (for which the rooting was performed).. And it WORKED!!!

Back