Help!! Very Confused over Seminar Topic...!!

Thought as much. I was there too. College name please, and I can tell you exactly what level you need.

This supposed restriction (no repeats) helps me guess which college.... but I would like to know.

Yep sagar ;)

ppl have solid technical topics,neways

i wanted some different type of topic lik i mentiond..reverse engineering or smthing lik dt which is never taught n still holds significant interest..

our deadline is post. til 15 so stil hv time ;)
if smthing good comes up then its great,
else above topics are also cool ;)

dipen01 said:
reverse engineering or smthing lik dt which is never taught n still holds significant interest..

u could go around with listing out of the most popular protection , best rated protection , the most easy to crack protection etc, simple google can do wonders if u are interested in this subject.
If u want to discuss HOW the cracking is done...its' pretty easy too..once you understand the basic statement of 'built by a man can be destroyed by a man' , then u can reply to any of the professors' or students' questions without being nervous or anything . Remember , in subjects like these one must never try to memorize the concept , understand it & put the flow in yo own words . :)

altough i'd advice u to go & explain the BT protocol.:cool2:

best of luck

Why dont try something like data compression. You can try explaning the various algorithms such as Huffman etc (all of which can be found on Wikipedia). You can describe compressions algorithms used in various file formats such as Jpeg and later move on to video compression techniques used in AVI etc.

Choose few newer technologies so that chances are less that those were taken last year like ATCA (very good for your resume), Ruby on rails, collective intelligence, etc

altough i'd advice u to go & explain the BT protocol.

Yeah, thats in top three of my list...If i select that, will definitely need to look at the tut u posted @TE :), may be some tips from you too ;)

@hammer :- nice ones dude, BUT v had all the compression algorithms IN DETAIL last semester...so everybody knows it working and all....:|

@yousuf :- Good ones.....will add to overall list...

Total Options....

Filesystem dependencies
Bit-torrent protocol
Perpendicular recording
NFSv4,
Virtualization,
Fault tolerance and recovery in distributed systems,
Lock free data structures.
ATCA
Ruby on rails
Collective intelligence
Reverse Engineering

More topics more confusion.... :bleh: Any last minutes worth additions....???

Remove the filesystem dependencies one... there were only two papers ever written on the subject, and the second one is possibly the most difficult to understand paper ever written in storage/OS.

Well sm1 pmmed me few days back asking if i could share the topics which i have, i forgot the ID(Renegade i guess), Anyways i have it in Hardcopy and i have no scanner so i took pictures wid my cell and then upped it at yousendit.

Heres the link:- (Valid for 7 days i guess)

YouSendIt: The Leader in File Delivery.

Hope it Helps :)

PS:- Couldnt edit above post so posting as a new post

Back