Storage Solutions Help WD RMA assisstance !!

ev1lb0ygen1us

Adept
Guys My WD 1TB Black is showing some decay in performance. HD Tune checkup showed me two bad sectors. Sometimes I hear clicking sounds from the HDD as well. So I guess its dying.

Guys which method should I opt for RMA - courier them or ask them to pick?

If I opt for WD pick up should I bear the shipping charge? Also should I keep the HDD packed ready or the courier take care of it? If I opt to courier them then which courier agency should I ask? I heard GATI take care of WD pick ups. I'm a total noob in shipping stuffs so help me with your opinions and suggestions.

Edit: Do I have to send here?

Flextronics Manufacturing (Singapore) Pte Ltd

o/b Western Digital Corporation

Blk 750B Chai Chee Road #01-01

TechnoPark @ Chai Chee

469002 Singapore

Arent there any service centre in India? How much will shipping to Singapore cost?

~Akshay

I RMA'ed WD external hdd once, I think in 2007.
Just call on India - call centre no. & register your case. They will give u some case no. or so.

Then, courier guy will come to ur place & collect ur hdd (just keep it ready).
In my case I think I have sent it to Delhi & got replacement in a week or so.
I believe TNT picked it up at that time.
Hope it helps u.

Not paid a single penny in the above process.

Don't have the address but the WD help desk will give all required details.

sad to hear it.It shows some problems from the begining itself right?.Bluedart is taking care of pickup.But I dont think whether your area is covered in there service.If I am there I can help you for RMA.

my wd drive died today - the reallocated sector count went below threshold and the smart fails too. haven't yet called up wdsupport.

what do i need to keep in handy besides the bill and serial no.

how do i pack the thing up? i have bubble wrap but no cardboard carton of that hdd size.

6pack said:
my wd drive died today - the reallocated sector count went below threshold and the smart fails too. haven't yet called up wdsupport.
what do i need to keep in handy besides the bill and serial no.
how do i pack the thing up? i have bubble wrap but no cardboard carton of that hdd size.

Sad to hear tht.
For RMA, you just need the serial no.
And to pack, you need anti static bag, thick foam, cardboard carton.
Thats what hdd manufacturers recommend.

Back