Audio Help with 2.1 speakers - budget 15k

I need to put a speaker set in my parents room. They will use it only for music and they listen to classical hindi songs.

Now i don't know what to put. We don't want a lot of wiring and a surround setup because we already have a decent home theater setup in the living room. And neither do we want a separate amp for it. The source of music will be cd player which can play mp3 discs and usb.

Now our budget is 15k so i suggested we put a good 2.1 computer speakers and connect it to a dvd player. I saw a few speakers online.

1. The harman kardons.
JBL Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Multimedia Speakers - JBL: Flipkart.com

2. Creative Gigaworks T3
Creative GigaWorks T3 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Creative: Flipkart.com

3.Klipsch promedia THX
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX Multimedia Speaker - Klipsch: Flipkart.com.

4. Bose companion 5. These are for 24k and over my budget but sound quality is really good.
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-Companion-Multimedia-Speaker-System/dp/B000IE8Z4Q/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361341637&sr=1-20&keywords=bose

Now out of these i have heard the harman kardons. Harmans are quite decent for the price. And i have heard the bose speakers. Now i have always hated bose as a company but to be honest these were outstanding for computer speakers.

I want your opinion for what i could buy for my parents.
Sound quality is a big priority which is why if my dad listens to bose and if he really likes it he might buy it even if it is over budget. And where can i listen to these speakers in bombay.
Any other speakers i could consider? Or maybe a complete different setup?

for classical hindi songs i dont think a 2.1 setup will be needed. a 2.0 will be good and that too with less cable clutter. i have heard swans are quite musical... with 15k u can get decent 2.0 ....like this Swan M200MKII

Ya i [FONT=Segoe UI, Tahoma, sans-serif]went through the forum and swans are considered in high regard. Is there anywhere that i can listen to the swans in bombay. I was actually looking at the swan m50w. Thats a 2.1. Thing is i don"t want to take a chance just incase bass is less. But i would prefer to listen to them before deciding. These would be better than the ones i have on the list right?[/FONT]

Ya i went through the forum and swans are considered in high regard. Is there anywhere that i can listen to the swans in bombay. I was actually looking at the swan m50w. Thats a 2.1. Thing is i don"t want to take a chance just incase bass is less. But i would prefer to listen to them before deciding. These would be better than the ones i have on the list right?

Yes,
for classical music,these are better than all the ones you have listed
You could also consider getting an AE2 ,cos you would not be using the subwoofer mostly.

Sorry,typo
Actually meant AudioEngine A2. One of the best budget bookshelf speakers in the market
TE dealer is offering an awesome price for these
Audioengine A2 Premium Powered Speaker System- White

Ya Audio engine also came up with good reviews. But general perspective i read is that swans are better than audio engine. There is a price difference though. A2 come for rs.13500 whereas swans m200mkII / m50w will be around rs. 20000 with shipping. Are swans that much better to justify the price difference?

Great discussion going here, As the OP decided his, I can't hold myself but ask to the experts.....

How good is Klipsch promedia 2.1 for Indian Music (Modern) perspective ? This speaker stays in the market for more than a decade....Got dedicate Twitter (2-Way config) and 200w RMS ratings....Right ?

Anyone own it or experienced it.

Bumping this thread as the discussion is pretty interesting.
I visited the hifinage site today and they are offering 14% discount on the m10.

Would be interesting to see which is the best under 10 k and 15 k bracket.

I have never experienced the swans , however i have listened to the pro media and man they are amazing . The only problem i have had is i haven't listened to anything that can be pipped against them in their price range so cannot hazard a comparo between anyone of them.

Well finally now its between Swan m200mkII / m50w or audio engine ae2. Which would be better

Either of the swans, but the ae2 are not behind either. If you want to save some money go for ae2.

Great discussion going here, As the OP decided his, I can't hold myself but ask to the experts.....

How good is Klipsch promedia 2.1 for Indian Music (Modern) perspective ? This speaker stays in the market for more than a decade....Got dedicate Twitter (2-Way config) and 200w RMS ratings....Right ?

Anyone own it or experienced it.

Never heard them, but was doing some research when i had to buy speakers and the corsair sp2500 and the edfier s730 would be a better choice according to the people who have heard them.

^^^
Yes, the older promedia was awesoem but the new generation promedia is not that great.
The Edifier and the SP2500 are some of the best speakers,if you are looking for an all rounder.
The Edifer especially shines with its massive 10" sub when it comes to gaming and movies

Edifier sub can shake the floor, look at S730D or S550D if you are looking for overall bassier speakers.

Else go for Swans M50W

+1 for a 2.0 speaker setup recommendation. It would be perfect for the listening to Hindi classical songs.

The sound produced by these bookshelf speakers is really awesome and if you haven't experienced it, you will hear new notes in the songs you have already heard a thousand times. :)

Back