Budget 10-15K Help with choices in Android smartphones

Had to select the budget range from 10-15K, but I am looking for an Android smartphone around the range of 10-11K specifically, as that's the budget requirement for my friend.

I have narrowed the choices down to a few popular smartphones that I searched for in the given budget. Need help with the choices in order to choose a good quality smartphone with good specifications, that will last for some years, as he plans to use the phone for quite sometime.

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 seems like quite a great choice with really excellent specifications... great processor, full HD display, massive 5000 mAh battery, stock Android.

The 4GB RAM + 64 GB storage too comes at a cost of just 1K extra (10,999 Rs), so can go for that too.

One drawback with the phone is that there is no corning gorilla glass. Would've been much better with it, since I prefer phones with it. However, since the other things are so great with the phone, this can be overlooked, and a tempered glass, or a good case can be purchased.

Another concern is, will the Android updates be regular and on time? If anyone has experience of that with this Asus phones, or any other Asus phone, please post.
Are Asus smartphones reliable?

If these concerns of mine are solved, then I would prefer this phone over others, because of stock Android, and the specifications of course.

Another choice that looks good is, Redmi 6 Pro. It too has great specifications, with a powerful processor, full HD display, good battery with 4000 mAh.

It's not clear though, whether the phone has corning gorilla glass or not.

Also, what is the situation for future OS updates with Xiaomi? Are the updates regular, and on time, and for what period? I know the phone doesn't come with stock Android, which is kind of a drawback, but still, if the specifications, and overall quality is good, with regular updates to the OS, I can think about the phone.

I also read about the bloatware that comes with Xiaomi phones. Is that manageable? Does it affect the phone performance?

Any other drawback or things to look out with Xiaomi phones?

Another Xiaomi phone that I considered is Xiaomi Redmi Y2, and it has 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage being offered at the price of around 10-11K, which seems really tempting.

However, the battery is not that powerful with only 3080 mAh.
There is no full HD, compared to Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
And the phone too seems more focused on the camera.
So, given the choice, I would prefer Redmi 6 Pro over this phone. Right choice?

Oppo Realme 2 seems to have great specifications, but personally, I am not a very big fan of Oppo/Vivo phones. It is said to be a value for money phone, but I have my doubts.

First, there is no stock Android. Plus, I don't know if the updates will be there regularly or not, for the OS.
Also, is the phone reliable, and is the quality good?

I can consider it, if I hear good things about the phone, but personally, I am not leaning towards it.

Nokia 5.1 Plus didn't seem to feature in the list of best smartphones below 12K range, but I noticed it is in the range. It's a Nokia phone with stock Android, so I took it in consideration, but I noticed several drawbacks with the phone.

There is no full HD display, plus no corning gorilla glass, which used to be in Nokia phones, atleast with this price range. So, quite disappointed there.
The build quality doesn't seem to be as sturdy as other Nokia smartphones. The finish is glossy, and the reviews said that this makes the phone quite slippery.

There is no option to hide the notch.
Has a low battery of 3060 mAh.

Reviews seem to call it a decent phone, but other phones like Asus Zenfone and Redmi 6 Pro seem to be better option than this one. Right?

Lastly, there are two Lenovo phones, Lenovo K8 Plus and Lenovo K8 Note.
Both phones seem to have decent specifications, and seem good enough, with stock Android, which is tempting.

However, I saw someone mention in a thread that Lenovo phones are not that reliable, and tend to go bad really quickly. Is that true?
The customer reviews on Amazon also surprisingly, don't seem to be too favorable. It's quite mixed with many negative reviews.

Lenovo K8 Note seems to be from 2016, so even if it is now available with Android 8, I wonder if there will be further updates? Plus this phone doesn't have corning gorilla glass... so K8 Plus seems better.

But again, will there be regular updates to Android in Lenovo K8 Plus? For how much period? It's not clear. Since Lenovo bought Motorola, they haven't been good with updates to the phones. I wonder if that holds true here too. If yes, then this phone wouldn't be a choice.

My cousin bought this phone recently though, and it does seem like a decent phone.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated :).

I think you should go for RedMi Note 5 Pro which is being sold for 12999/- officially or Nokia 6.1 Plus which would cost you around 14999/-. I would never go for Lenovo as they do not provide regular software updates and although RealMe has better specs, the ColorOS just sucks and is just a copy of iOS. I'm highly skeptical if they will provide software updates. If you like stock experience, then you should go for Nokia 6.1 Plus and if you like a simpler interface of MIUI, go for RedMi Note 5 Pro. Both share almost same specs.
Thanks

Back