Help with ebay US, Paypal and seller

Deepak

Skilled
Hi guys

So I bought this Samsung Captivate phone from eaby US and made the payment via my credit card through Paypal. It was 285 USD (Rs 14k)
In about 2 hours, I saw that the listing is gone.
Also, in my ebay account I could no longer see that I had purchased this item.

Upon further research I saw that the seller had relisted the phone at 295 here

Now my question is:
1. What happened to my money. Thats of the utmost importance. Since I donot have a proper paypal account and used guest checkout how do I get my money back.
2. Can a seller cancel purchase of an item after its purchased and remove an item like that. Shouldn't there be a negative feedback for doing such a thing.

Please help guys. I really don't know how to proceed further with this case.

Cheers and many thanks for listening :)

1) About the money issue, u shud have got a receipt regarding the transaction as well as ask the seller if he has got the payment.

2) Yes, if u dont want the item then before the seller ships ask him to refund the money and cancel the order. No negative feedback will be recived regarding this

I have contacted the seller asking him if he cancelled the order.

My query is that while I wanted the seller to ship the item, I think he has cancelled the order. But even then, my concern is that in my ebay history I do not see this purchase being made ever. Which raises the concern as to, what happened to the money.

Yeah, but should I wait for some time before I call up Citibank? Or do I contact Paypal first? If so how do I contact them and how do I explain the situation I am in.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The seller just replied. He said.

"Ebay canceled the listing and Paypal has put a hold on your payment. They are currently reviewing it. You need to contact them with any other questions."

Now what should I do? Contact Paypal asking them the status or contact ebay asking them whey they cancelled it? If I need to contact Paypal, how do I do so.

Check paypal email id account for the payment processing details and direct help information regarding order. Contact ASAP credit card company and mark the payment as unauthorized.

So I spoke to Paypal yesterday and explained them how ebay had removed the listing. The rep agreed to reverse the transaction back.

I got the refund back into my account today and the best part is, no currency conversion charges :D

Deepak said:
So I spoke to Paypal yesterday and explained them how ebay had removed the listing. The rep agreed to reverse the transaction back.

I got the refund back into my account today and the best part is, no currency conversion charges :D
That's really awesome! Congrats and you're lucky luck was on ur side :p

Back