Budget 10-15K Help with Flash Sale Redmi Note 4 64GB

Channu

Adept
Hey guys, I've been trying to grab a 64GB Redmi note 4 in all 3 flash sales on FK with absolutely no success ! Never did I fail with flash sales earlier but don't know what has changed these days. I haven't tried it on MI website.
Can there be some assistance in helping me with today's flash sale at 12 p.m. Thanks

I got the phone yesterday, used the script and some strange things happened. The buy now button appeared at almost 11.58 itself but the script failed to do anything and just got stuck. I immediately stopped it and opened the 'add to cart' in new page and manually bagged and the entire process was complete before it could show 12.00 on my laptop !
Irony is, given my poor track record, I asked another friend of mine to get the handset for me while I was just trying my luck for someone else. Sadly my friend failed while I succeeded and the result is I still don't have a phone for me :bag:

Anyone got lucky on yesterday's flash sale? Did someone try the auto checkout feature?

Got one for a friend since his browser crashed :D We had tried last week from 12 to 12:45 but FK kept throwing an error saying try after sometime due to too many orders and some other error.

This time was straight forward but the sale opened 2 mins early and was done by 12:00 or 12:01. Thankfully we were refreshing the page from 11:55 and was able to get a 64GB dark grey for a friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1487930720][/DOUBLEPOST]
I guess RN4X i.e. black version was suppose to be launched this month
No signs of it either.
Black version - First sale on March 1st

:D
Its actually a x265 10-bit 1080p video sample.. I had troubles in playing it with my Mi4 (Snapdargon 801 + Adreno 330) chipset since it did not have the HEVC decoder..
Hence want to know whether the Redmi Note 4 with a snapdragon 625 + adreno 506 chipset can play it or not..
I had Band of brothers in x265 1080p and it played just fine on redmi 3S. Not sure it it was 10 bit. How can i check it ?

I had Band of brothers in x265 1080p and it played just fine on redmi 3S. Not sure it it was 10 bit. How can i check it ?

It will show in the media info section of VLC on pc.. Check screenshot..

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 181
On a side note..
Can anyone with a Redmi Note 4 confirm whether the phone is able to play this video without any lag/stuttering.. Try playing it in mx player or something..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BIGqhfldWvMUtPVF95XzBkZEE/view?usp=sharing
Played the video on Redmi 3s prime, it played but choppy and fps was low... difficult to tolerate :meh:
Hopefully RN4 should be able to play it if 3s could manage this. I didn't like Redmi 3s because clash of clan was choppy too and I'm used to iPhone's fluidity in CoC :D[DOUBLEPOST=1487960569][/DOUBLEPOST]
It will show in the media info section of VLC on pc.. Check screenshot..
No info about bitrate here :-/

Attachments

• Screenshot_57.png
    Screenshot_57.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 173
On a side note..
Can anyone with a Redmi Note 4 confirm whether the phone is able to play this video without any lag/stuttering.. Try playing it in mx player or something..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BIGqhfldWvMUtPVF95XzBkZEE/view?usp=sharing

Tried it with VLC player. HW decoding error. SW decoding choppy and graphically broken.
Tried it with MX Player. HW decoding no go. SW decoding first 15-20 seconds are choppy then its absolutely silky smooth for the last 40 seconds.

Redmi note 4 3G32GB. Hope that helps.

Kinda curious though, do you really need that kinda quality on a 5.5 inch screen? I mean I am a picture quality snob but at that size does it really matter?

Kinda curious though, do you really need that kinda quality on a 5.5 inch screen? I mean I am a picture quality snob but at that size does it really matter?

I land in this position often because I download for my laptop & TV (1080p & HEVC) but then if I'm on the go then I'll prefer transferring the same file rather then downloading new set. Sadly my nexus'13 dies in anything above 720p HEVC
Hopefully I'll be able to replace my nexus with RN4 for media consumption while in long train journey.

[DOUBLEPOST=1487996450][/DOUBLEPOST]
It plays smoothly on Redmi Note 3.

Superb

Last edited:
Tried it with VLC player. HW decoding error. SW decoding choppy and graphically broken.
Tried it with MX Player. HW decoding no go. SW decoding first 15-20 seconds are choppy then its absolutely silky smooth for the last 40 seconds.

Redmi note 4 3G32GB. Hope that helps.

Thanks!
This clears all my doubts..
So this means the Snapdragon 625 chipset doesn't support hevc hardware decoder..
Although it plays in SW mode, it will consume a lot of battery and heat up like anything..

The reason to use x265 quality video is that they are of very small file size while providing great quality..
You could roughly say that quality wise, a movie of same visual quality will be around 2gb in x265 format while around 4gb in the older x264 format..[DOUBLEPOST=1488002881][/DOUBLEPOST]
I land in this position often because I download for my laptop & TV (1080p & HEVC) but then if I'm on the go then I'll prefer transferring the same file rather then downloading new set. Sadly my nexus'13 dies in anything above 720p HEVC
Hopefully I'll be able to replace my nexus with RN4 for media consumption while in long train journey.

Exactly my requirement also..

Back