Graphic Cards Help with setting custom resolution!!!

samrulez

Disciple
Hey,
Ok I know this is long but plz read patiently..
I have a 15’’ monitor running @1024*768 @60Hz which is the max supported frequency….but it can also do 1152*864 easily without quality loss.
I had a nvidia card a while ago and ran @1152*864 without any probs..! :)
But now my card is with my friend and I’m on my IGP (UniChromell Pro IGP ) But without the foreceware drivers I’m not getting it to run @1152*864!!
Can anyone guide me? :huh:
Thanx in advance,
Sam. :)

Hey thanx for the reply.! :)

Guide me?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 56
samrulez said:
Guide me?
Dont you get the 1152*864 option in custom resolution ??

samrulez said:
I have a 15’’ monitor running @1024*768 @60Hz which is the max supported frequency….but it can also do 1152*864 easily without quality loss.
I'd recommend you to run it at a lower resolution with a higher refresh rate ... 60Hz could hurt your eyes on a crt

^ Yeah, 75hz is what's recommended for strain free viewing, my eyes start watering everytime I use a friend's 15" CRT.

sorry mate ... I don't know of any alternatre way to get the custom resolution ... powerstrip worked fine will all my nvidia cards so far ... maybe you could try with different drivers

Ohh...anyways...thanx for the help! reps for ya! :)

Actually my monitor supports 1024*768 @60Hz....and 1152*864 @60Hz so it doesn't really matter.. :)

update your bios from the manufacturers website and then update the driver from the sis website .

the reason why its is faultering is due to the video bios and its unsupported modes .

update and you should be happy :)

Back