Budget 90k+ High-end linux laptop for development

deltasquare4

Disciple
I am in need of a high-end linux laptop that is compatible with linux. Planning on using it for software development on the move. Some of my needs:

* i5/i7 (not sure if AMD Ryzen 7 laptops are in the indian market yet, or are any good compared to intel ones)
* At least 16G RAM. Replaceable.
* 512G SSD. Replaceable.
* Lightweight
* 12+ hours of battery life, quick charging
* Backlit keyboard
* Internal graphics card would do just fine

I have looked at the usual suspects, but none of them look compelling enough to me.
* Dell XPS 13 - non-expandable/replaceable RAM.
* Lenovo Carbon X1 - way too expensive.
* Asus Zenbook - look to fit my price range and specifications, not sure about linux compatibility and RAM/SSD replaceability

My budget is 1 - 1.2L. Has anyone here any experience with linux on high-end laptops?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am in need of a high-end linux laptop that is compatible with linux. Planning on using it for software development on the move. Some of my needs:

* i5/i7 (not sure if AMD Ryzen 7 laptops are in the indian market yet, or are any good compared to intel ones)
* At least 16G RAM. Replaceable.
* 512G SSD. Replaceable.
* Lightweight
* 12+ hours of battery life, quick charging
* Backlit keyboard
* Internal graphics card would do just fine

I have looked at the usual suspects, but none of them look compelling enough to me.
* Dell XPS 13 - non-expandable/replaceable RAM.
* Lenovo Carbon X1 - way too expensive.
* Asus Zenbook - look to fit my price range and specifications, not sure about linux compatibility and RAM/SSD replaceability

My budget is 1 - 1.2L. Has anyone here any experience with linux on high-end laptops?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
HP has a good range too with touch and non touch options. Their range at 70k with 9th gen i5 and 360 screen, is very upgradable. It comes with 1 or 2tb hdd, and empty m2 slot. Directly add extra ssd. Same with ram. It comes with 8gb. You can replace it to 16 or 32gb. With these upgrades, the cost will go near 1 lac. These come with a hp pen too for taking notes or drawing.

Dell Options -
An alternative is Dell 7373. Its upgradeable. Check it out in real. The metal build feels amazing and it is very compact. Plus 360 rotation & touchscreen along with a great 1080p screen. Cheaper on paytm.

The 8th gen i7 one comes with the exact config you want -> https://www.compuindia.com/new-dell-inspiron-13-7000-series-laptop-7373716512igt.html
512ssd and 16gb ram. IMO very good machine, as I have checked it in real. This is as close you will get to XPS range with option to expand, great screen and compact. Not sure about battery life. It has issues with adaptive brightness. Dell may have issued a bios fix. I havent checked recently.

The 7373 is a very nice machine, but it does NOT have user replaceable RAM, nor does the XPS.

Check out the inspiron 5000 series. It does replaceable RAM, but its not as nice as the 7373.

The 7373 is a very nice machine, but it does NOT have user replaceable RAM, nor does the XPS.

Check out the inspiron 5000 series. It does replaceable RAM, but its not as nice as the 7373.
The i7 model comes with 16gb ram. So dont need to replace. Although its mentioned in a few places that its replacable.

Yes, the 5000 series doesnt hold a candle to the 7373. The difference between plastic and metal itself is so huge. Literally every thing is 10x better. Thats why I didnt even mention it. You can truly appreciate this laptop only if you see it in person.[DOUBLEPOST=1531189894][/DOUBLEPOST]

The i7 model comes with 16gb ram. So dont need to replace. Although its mentioned in a few places that its replacable.

Yes, the 5000 series doesnt hold a candle to the 7373. The difference between plastic and metal itself is so huge. Literally every thing is 10x better. Thats why I didnt even mention it. You can truly appreciate this laptop only if you see it in person.[DOUBLEPOST=1531189894][/DOUBLEPOST]

Oh i absolutely agree that the 7373 is a FAR FAR superior machine, but it does not have replaceable ram, which is something that the OP wants, hence suggested the 5000.

just curious, why do you want to spend so much money if its just for Linux. (i mean no games/graphics)

Back