Audio High quality stereo headphones for 2.5mm sockets ?

Params7

Skilled
Normally all headphones (the ones which you plug into your walkman) are 3.5mm, but in some cases like mobile phones and PDA's, there are 2.5mm socket connections. now does anoybody know of a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter adapter or some stereo headphones with 2.5mm pins to plug into 2.5mm sockets ????

thanks for any info.

not tht i have ever seen any but i read on sm cellphone forums tht sm guy got it custom made fmo an electronics shop in australia.....no idea bt those in india...:)

Easier way out would be to get yourself cheap local earphones for the phone, cut the wires off and connect them to a headset of your choice.....

mmm...it isn't tough either.....It's just a question of soldering 4 wires...If one isn't comfy with soldering, just twine the wires together and put some scotch tape on the joints....

I did it long back when I lost the original headset my SL45 and the Siemens India folks quoted 2500/- :-O for a new headset.....

I bought a el-cheapo headset frm Ghaffar market (with sad headphones) and used the connector to couple it with a set of Sony Fontopia earphones....

params7 said:
found it -
http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=010-10344-00
a real 2.5mm to 3.mm converter!! now if only it was available in India......
I can make and send you a similar adapter(to your satisfaction). as per that link the adapter costs $12 + Shipping.

I would give you a handsome discount of 20% and shipping to your place will be free.:p
awaiting your early reply.
ps: This funds will go for the development of our this site. You can send the funds to xTerminator or any of the staff persons. on his / their confirmation I will make and send the adaptor.

as i mentioned before. 20% discount on $12 = $10.

$10= Rs.450 /- (free shipping)

This payment you can send to XTerminator. you may contact him via PM.

Well i pm'd DJ but he won't reply, maybe he's out of stock, no pressure though :eek:hyeah:
If anyone's got ANY info on how can get the adapter (any indian site online or someone who wants to sell it) please tell so. Also note the the jack which goes into the e398 should have ' 3 ' Black stripes!! not 2, otherwise normal headphones won't recieve stereo output, so its no use.

thanks. :D

Back